Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Free to good home - 1986 saltare hull and interior only

Come and get her. This is a solid hull that shows her age. It is not broken or badly scarred. I removed all of the mechanicals and i will keep the trailer for a antique style mahogany boat i am building. But i hate to destroy a good hull if someone needs it or wants a challenging flip. It will need new wood throughout. She is in clinton, iowa 52732 and will stay in one piece until the end of october. Then she will go to sawsall heaven. Call me at 563-243-2070. Thanks, smitty

I have close-ups of the hull available. I tried to attach them and I get a file to big message. So I could email them to anyone interested.

Note, I don't monitor this posting as often as I should - please call, Thanks! Smitty

I AM SORRY FOLKS, BUT DUE TO TIME AND TRAVEL ISSUES, THE CUTTING OF THE BOAT HULL HAS STARTED. I HAVE THE TWO WELL USED INTERIORS, WINDSHIELD, AND TWO PLATFORMS, ETC. AVAILABLE, FOR A TIME, IF SOMEONE NEEDS THEM. SMITTY
    Last edited by Craig Smith; 10-16-2012 at 09:01 PM. Reason: added coment

Don't you dare sawzall her.

I'll call you shortly. Can you take a few pictures for me? I'm about 9 hours away. If I think I can save her, I'm all over it!

Everything there but engine, tranny, driveline?

Haugy, if you need help getting it to you, that is just down the road from me, I might be able to shave off a few hours for you if you decide to snap this up.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

I'm about half as far from Clinton as Jetlink is so keep me in mind as a resource if you end up pulling the trigger on this.

Guys I really appreciate it, but I would have to tow my current saltare trailer up there to get this. No trailer coming with it, so it would be impossible for you guys to help.

I do appreciate it though. I'll call you tomorrow Craig, sorry I got busy. But I'll see if saving this girl is in the cards.

I think it's a mortal sin to sawsall a Saltare', is it not?

Well guys, I can't do it. Craig, I'm sorry but I won't be able to take her off your hands. I've got enough projects already, and apparently the wife and I going to start trying to get another one. OOOF.

I just can't save this one. I hate it too, but it's just not the best time for me to tackle another big project right now.

Craig, it was good talking to you, and good luck on your woodie. I bet you could easily sell some parts off that Saltare that people need though.

-2 Swim platforms (1 wood, 1 fiberglass) : Hell I might want those on principle of having spares
    -Side windows: You know people are always looking for those
    -Interior pieces: for those boats that really are bad, these would be great for replacements since they have their shape, and some are fiberglass based vs wood.
    -Driveshaft strut: People bend these from time to time
    -Cleats and bow rails: good for those that have been abused or rusted

Does anyone know if the swim platform from a Saltare is the same size as one off of a comp? I might be interested in one or both of those platforms.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Thanks for looking Haugy. Sorry it can be a go. But, you could put it away for a rainy day. Ha!

Good luck on those other projects.

Now that I am getting to know more about the Supra culture, I agree with Skiman 61. And it may also be a mortal sin to not save one that is free. Ha!