Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Replacement Driver's Seat

I am looking for a replacement driver's seat for my 86 Sunsport. NOT an OEM replacement, but something that is slightly bigger that will still fit in the space and that maybe has a built-in bolster. I would like to find one that I can have re-upholstered to match my interior using the extra material I brought home from Viper. I talked to Jim Jackson and he said that he had a seat in mind, but that it was difficult to get. Anyone have any ideas or know of a seat I might like?

Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Hey Clint, my boat does not have the OEM seat as well. A previous owner replaced it some point down the line with what I think is a Sea Ray seat. Super comfortable, tight fit but it still fits though mine does not have a flip up bolster part. Think I have a few pictures of it...lemme check.

Here's the best I got for now, I might head up to take the boat out this weekend but for sure it will be coming out next weekend and I will see if I can snap some pics if you're still curious and looking.

'86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Ben, that looks like a nice seat, it looks bigger than mine so I don't know if it will fit. I need to measure how much room I have. The bolster part I'm not really worried about - I probably wouldn't use it, but my wife would. She uses the throw cushion now.
    Clint
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Are you wanting to be higher overall? Or are you just too big for it?

I put a lifting pedestal on mine to help get it higher.

Ben's seat would prolly fit Clint, its spacious and comfy, I like to remind him frequently it may have come from a Sea Ray!!!
    90 Conbrio

Quote Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
    Ben's seat would prolly fit Clint, its spacious and comfy, I like to remind him frequently it may have come from a Sea Ray!!!
    Haha, I'm almost certain it did. Clint, it will fit no problem and on top of it, the seat sits/rides higher. I occasionally drive another member's comp with the original seat. Big difference between his seat height and mine. You shouldn't have an issue clearing the dog house, wife probably won't need to sit on a cushion, phone book or whatever is available. As a side note, my wife doesn't use a cushion when she's driving either and she is a bit shorter than I am.

Sounds good. So I wonder where I get one? Is there a model number or something on yours?
    Clint
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Quote Originally Posted by csuggs View Post
    Sounds good. So I wonder where I get one? Is there a model number or something on yours?
    Not a clue about the model number or anything. I can try and look for one when I winterize next weekend as that is the next time I will be up there.

Csuggs,
    I don't have the OEM seat either....but I have no idea what boat it came out of. Check this link out, I also have a pontoon and replaced all my seats in it from them. They are great to work with and good pricing. I think you might find a helm seat you will like.
    http://veada.com/helm-seats.html
    Shane

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch

Clint -
    Here's the one I went with. Comfortable - good value - no wood - fits ok next to doghouse depending on your post placement.
    http://www.garelick.com/Contour-Captains-Chair#

-Chris