Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Boat off trailer

I have a friend who wants to take his 23 ft crownline bowrider off his trailer to work on the bottom. How do you guys get the trailer out from under the boat? I told him the way I would do it but maybe there is a better safer quicker way
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

I took mine to the lake and docked it
    2009 21V

in this case, I am not sure "Quick" and "Safe" go together...

I have always seen it done by jacking and moving jacking and moving... nothing quick about it.
    86 Saltare

That's gotta be alot of weight - don't think I'd recommend my suspended from the garage rafters trick...
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Jack, block, move, block, jack, move, etc....

Or take it to the local marina and have them lift it off and dry dock it for a few days/weeks. Not that expensive, really.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

The first thing you do is lower the front of the trail as much as you can. This will raise the back of the boat. Then block the rear of the boat on both sides of the transom. Then raise the front of the trailer as high as you can. This will lift the rear of the boat off the trailer. Then, using a jack, raise the front of the boat off the trailer. The boat will be completely off the trailer at this point. Now start pulling the trailer out from under the boat. When you get to the axles, place another set of blocks behind the axles. Lower the boat onto the blocks behind the axles and you'll be able to pull the trailer out from under the boat and you're good to go.

Not sure this method will work with an inboard, but your welcome to try and let us know!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2PwouEIu6Y
    86 Saltare

With something as small and light as that old glastron that will work just fine.
    the crownline he is talking about is much much heavier so dropping her off like that would be real hard on the hull.

The jack and block method is the only safe way of doing it.
    Just to be on the safe side it would be a good idea to pull the drive off on the off hand chance it falls.

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape

You can always use the "good ol boy" method. Tie a long chain to the Ski pole then wrap the other end around a tree, set your truck in four high.....and haul ass. There is a slight chance, you will scratch your hull so you might want to use some old beer can boxes to soften the landing. NOW I am not saying this is what you should do, but yet an idea to be thought about. Good luck!
    Shane

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch

A-frame hoist is the easiest or two post auto lift. But seeing as how most don't have access to those. Use OUI's method.

What is he doing to the boat that he needs the trailer gone? I don't know about you guys, but if my boat is not on a trailer, and it's sitting on wood blocks. I'm sure as FAWK not crawling under it and working on it, or buffing it. SQUISH.