Hybrid View

Default 1991 supra conbrio winterizing "classic boat"

I purchased a 1991 supra conbrio back this spring. The boat is in great condition with only 300 hours on the boat. I have had a few other boats but they have always been outboards or else an external out drive. I have never really worked with an actual inboard motor. The engine is the original 351. I put an aerial tower on the boat this summer also. I got a great deal on the boat and have been very happy with it so far. But I need some help on how to winterized it? I'm new to this boat so the more explanation the better. any help would be great. A check list of things to check would be great also. Also any ideas on what oil to use, any adjustments, and what improvements I might need to make. The only issue I have had so far is the boat still has the points ignition and the gas tank is fairly small. It barely lasts me a day out on the water. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

up in the advanced search box of this forum at top right type in "winterizing" and you should get a some excellent responses to how to winterize your 351 windsor. Some include detailed pics as well , Make sure you use one that is for the direct drive and not v drive as there are a few differences.
    I have an 89 conbrio--love the boat and find that if I behave myself when cruising etc and run at 2200 rpms + or -
    you will conserve a lot of gas over the course of the day. I only run it with all four barrels open when skiing etc.
    That said, it is a smaller than desirable tank.
    Enjoy the boat!

Thanks for the help crystal. Do you think you could send me any links in relation to winterizing the boat with step instructions and some pictures? I have found a few sets of instructions that are fairly detailed but not any with pictures. And hopefully I can get a few pictures of my boat on here soon as well. Thanks again for your help!

here is a link that shows you the basic draining you must perform for your engine and were to access those drain points.
    http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum...=winterization

also go to this link and read what Haugy has described----well thought out on his part!
    https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ht=winterizing