Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

That's a very good point...if he's showing himself to be untrustworthy who knows what details he fudged or lied about with regards to the actual item. Good luck!

Doesn't sound like this deadbeat is going to be paying for the return freight. I'd contact the shipper and find out when they would consider the tranny that they have "abandoned." Once it is -- you should be able to pick it up from them for the remaining cost of shipping.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Just talked to the shipping company. I will receive a certified letter where I "release" the shipment. The seller now gets to pay 660.00 to ship back from CA to FL. If he doesn't pay, then it goes into storage and they will eventually sell it as suplus stock for back storage fees. I told the gal on the phone to let me know when that happens and I'll buy it back.

I'm now looking at a Walter unit. Any thoughts.....

Hey, I saw that Walters unit too. I took a pic of the tag on the one in my boat. Not sure if it will help you. As far as the unit goes mine has over 1,000 trouble free hours on it. Water had gotten in mine from the previous owners neglect and I was able to get it out after numerous fluid changes with no issues.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356820338.058886.jpg

Thanks for the info on the Walters. I was on vacation for 10 days so I believe I've missed it but will continue to look around. What are the "potential" issues with the Walters?

its been a few months, any updates?

No updates. I had some big boat changes in my life recently and the Supra has been put on the back burner. I live in CA and commercial fish in AK. I had a shore based fishery called "set netting" that I participated in the last 8 yrs. Early spring we sold this business and bought a 40' gill net boat. I flew up to AK over my Easter break for 10 days to work on it. It now has a new 435hp Cat engine/tranny and two new 165 gal alum fuel tanks. I head up this next weekend to spend 3 weeks plumbing the engine, installing all new hydraulics, elect, instruments etc. Our boat was chose to be on the new National Geographic reality show called "Alaska Fish Wars". They ran 3 episodes last Feb and are filming 6 episodes this summer. Since I'm the "new" guy, they are having a camera man on board to catch the action and mistakes! Like "Fishing Vessel Night Hawk" on FB where I'll be posting updates throughout the summer.

As soon as I return home in early Aug, its back to the Supra. Right now my 3 teenage boys are really PISSED as I sold the perfectly functional Ski Brendella to buy the project Supra! Oh well.

Lance
    www.alldrinsalmon.com

Sounds like a great time to me. Nothing more fun than installing new stuff and trouble shooting for the worst case scenario from the harbour. Put a small Supra wave logo on a interior window of the wheel house for all us. For I am sure I'm not the only one wishing I was in the great north next to you. Have a great fishing season and we will be waiting for your return with some pics. !!

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

Great idea, where do I get the Wave decal? If anyone wants to wake surf, it throws a heck of a wake, especially with 15,000lbs of salmon on board. Bring the suit,tho. Inlet temps are right around 50-52 degrees!