Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Propellers

Default Replying to Topic 'Propellers'

If it's stamped 13x13LH then it's a left hander. If nothing else -- through it on the boat and see what direction you go when you put it in forward.

Neither of my props have an arrow or LH - RH stamped. If you look at the prop from the front (side that is stamped) the leading edge of a LH will be set back further than the trailing edge. I am talking about one blade only. Look at the prop with one blade at the 6;00 position if the blade slopes right it is LH, if it slopes left it is a RH. Hope I did not cunfuse the !$#% out of you.

Neither of my props have an arrow or LH - RH stamped. If you look at the prop from the front (side that is stamped) the leading edge of a LH will be set back further than the trailing edge. I am talking about one blade only. Look at the prop with one blade at the 6;00 position if the blade slopes right it is LH, if it slopes left it is a RH. Hope I did not cunfuse the !$#% out of you.

Well, Everything I know about props (thats not much) tells me that this is a left hand rotation. I wouldnt have even given it a second thought if it were not for that arrow stamped into the front (stern side) of the hub, suggesting a clockwise or RH rotation. I would just go compare it to the prop on the boat but its in storage!! So here is a picture for anyone who wants to respond and put me at ease over wether this is a right or left rotating prop.

Here is the Hub... Im not sure if you will be able to read it or not;

Yes that looks like a LH. The arrow probably just points where the key goes. If you have any questions about the prop call Eric Johnson at Johnson Propellers (O.J. Props). I don't have their # handy but I would say it is on their website.

It's a left hander. Think of the prop as an auger/drill. It digs it self into the water and pushes you forward.

Yeah... convential wisdom says left; I just cant figure out whats up with the arrow stamped into the hub??

4-blade props are gimmick, just more mass, heavier, and less performance.

If you disagree, you are an idiot.

I can prove it if you want.

Well, interesting... Ive never sought out a four blade prop... Two months ago we all shared in this discussion as I picked up a three blade NiBrAl spare very inexpensively, but I would be curious to hear your logic in why three blade props are better. Im sure there is some truth there, but maybe you can explain it so the idiots like me and... uhm oh yeah the engineers for every major ski boat in production (except correct craft) save all kinds of money by upgrading to the four blades. Hint... Make sure you look up displacement to cavitation ratios in hole shot, especially as hull weight increases; before you answear. By the way, you bought a boat that is made out of wood.