Default Custom Swim Deck - Can I go bigger?

Hi All,

It's my pleasure to be a new owner of a 96 La Brisa. My dad is really good with wood and is going to make me a custom teak swim deck/platform for the boat as my holiday gift.

My question, is there any drawback to making the deck a little bit bigger? Will this mess up the wake in any way? I dont want to double the size but just a little bit bigger to accommodate a bit more room.

I appreciate your feedback and will post pictures once the project starts.

Thanks!

I don't think the bigger deck will effect the wakeboard wake, but it can cause problems with the surf wake. If this isn't a concern for you, and you plan on keeping the boat for a long time.... go for it!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

The shape of the platform is the most important thing when it comes to it's effect on the wake. Check out the links for the new Supra's and see that they make the platform less square and therefore get it out of the wake totally. Ours on our 242 is quite large and it stays totally out of the wake.

Make sure and show us what you come up with.

I built one for a friends Sky Supreme . I went 3 '' longer to accommodate wakeboards better . It had no effect on the wake. I made it out of African mahogany instead of teak because of the cost . Teak would have been 500 plus in materials alone.

Looking good and thanks for the feedback.

How's the African mahogany holding up?

So far so good .I applied two coats of teak oil before it left for Virgina. It went through its first season without any problems.