Default How do you guys maintain your batteries?

Just wondering what methods you all use to maintain your battery(s) in the winter. How do maintain your deep cycle differently than the staring?
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Battery Minder model 2012

Pull both batteries. I set them on carpet squares, not on bare concrete floor. Then every two weeks I put the battery charger on 2 amp slow charge for a few hours.

If it's a deep ccyle (optima or etc) my charge is set up for them as well, slow charge.

After looking at the batteryminder shown in the thread I remembered that someone gave me a similar device that I've never used. So now I've got it hooked up to my deep cycle.

Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

I leave mine on a trickle charger.

That's quite a nice device to have forgotten about! When I find a pleasant surprise it's usually something like a roll of teflon tape, not a battery minder! Nice!

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

I will never leave my battery on any kind of batter minder, or trickle again. One blown battery, nearly a fire, and a custom hot rod coated in battery acid later. Never again.

Both of my batteries are pulled and set on garage work table....and I use a trickle for both. I have been doing it this way for about the last ten years and never had an issue.
    Shane

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch

I pull mine and bring inside in the basement. I switch the Optimate every 2-3 weeks. It just gets rotated through the 3 boat batterys, 3 motorcycle batterys, 2 truck batteries and 3 jet-ski batteries that end up "wintering" down there.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    I pull mine and bring inside in the basement. I switch the Optimate every 2-3 weeks. It just gets rotated through the 3 boat batterys, 3 motorcycle batterys, 2 truck batteries and 3 jet-ski batteries that end up "wintering" down there.
    You might qualify for a battery dealership with that count...
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

sits on the edge of my workbench and about once every month I hook it up to my battery charger on low cycle for the day.
    Never had an issue doing it this way in over 20 years of boating.