Thread: Rope Length

Default Rope Length

Behind the SSV what have you all found to be the perfect rope length. Thanks!!
    H2OSki

check out the latest issue of Wakeboarding (June, 02) it has an articale explaining rope lenght's and determining what's right for you.....

Default Replying to Topic 'Rope Length'

I have a new 04 G.G. and i ride the ballast system plus 4 bags of additional cement in the back and 2 bags in the front. I ski 70 off when i am throwing normal tricks. If i am working on a new invert i ski 65 off. all depends on your riding skill....

I ride at 70' out, have the factory ballast setup, and ride at 24 mph. If I am trying a new trick, I shorten the rope to about 65.

Good luck,
    Bryon
    2004 Launch SSV Gravity Games

65' at 23 mph...seems to be the sweet spot with my SSV. In addition to factory ballast, I have about 700 lbs in lead weight.
    2002 SSV Owner

We ride at 24.3 mph (I think my speedo might be a little slow, so we may be riding right around23.7-24.3 mph), at 75'off with a 5' handle extension (about 80'). In order to ba able to ride that far off you need to get the weighting just right in the boat.

I have custom fat sacks from Get High Sports, and then we add about 300 lbs. in the nose of the boat with lead. All together we run close to 2700 lbs. of weight in our boat not including people weight. It is just as important to get the weight right up in the front of the boat so you will be throwing out a clean level wake.
    Nate
    2004 SSV (Fully loaded)
    www.thewakestore.com