Default My new water TOY!

I loved my 2001 Launch SS (+560hrs) and hated to let it go. My new boat is incredible. It steps up and delivers even better on everything we enjoy!

H2Oman
    06 24SSV GG

Default Replying to Topic 'My new water TOY!'

beautiful boat...I like to strap on a slalom once in awhile though...how is the wake for skiing?

It is very good. Our 01 launch SS was a little better (smaller wake). We empty the tanks, adjust the wake plate down fully and run between 28 and 34 (36 for my crazy brother) and carve it up.
    H2Oman
    06 24SSV GG

Beautiful boat H20man. You have a beautiful home as well.
    Love the color scheme on the boat.

DKJ
    1992 Supra Mariah - Red
    PCM 351HO 285hp - PCM 1.23:1 Transmission
    OJ XMP 4 Blade CNC 13x15.5RH

"People do weird things to boats" -Unknown

Good looking boat!!

I have an '06 Sunsport...24V...just wondering....
    With the 24ft heavier boat..how are doing with the boat buddy when loading?? Any challenges? Any secrets you can share..?? The "sweet spot" for having the trailer at the right depth seems to be pretty small. Are you driving it on or taking it on partially and then using the winch to crank it on?

JackMac

TEST

This boat and trailer combo leaves little room for error. Wind, waves and steepness of ramp all make this an interesting adventure (As most Supra & tow boat owners know). I usually drive it on unless the ramp is extremely steep, high winds or large waves are pushing from the back.

I have found that leaving the rear sacks full, empty the front sack (to get the bow up and the aft down) and have the trailer backed in to where there is water just over the fender (1 inch or so at front). As I get closer to the trailer I make sure the front (tow vehicle side) of bow bunks are at least 6-8 inches above the water. Glide up slowly until the bow is on the bow bunks. If the bow doesn’t rise quickly as I pull forward I hit reverse. I also use two-way radios and signal my wife (yes she can back a trailer in… better than many guys I know) to pull forward a little to bring the bunks up higher when needed. Then slowly drive it up on to the boat buddy. This gets the boat lined up and over the boat buddy. Click, I’m on.

Oh yea, and take your time. Getting rushed causes mistakes.

Hope this helps.

This boat and trailer combo leaves little room for error. Wind, waves and steepness of ramp all make this an interesting adventure (As most Supra & tow boat owners know). I usually drive it on unless the ramp is extremely steep, high winds or large waves are pushing from the back.

I have found that leaving the rear sacks full, empty the front sack (to get the bow up and the aft down) and have the trailer backed in to where there is water just over the fender (1 inch or so at front). As I get closer to the trailer I make sure the front (tow vehicle side) of bow bunks are at least 6-8 inches above the water. Glide up slowly until the bow is on the bow bunks. If the bow doesn’t rise quickly as I pull forward I hit reverse. I also use two-way radios and signal my wife (yes she can back a trailer in… better than many guys I know) to pull forward a little to bring the bunks up higher when needed. Then slowly drive it up on to the boat buddy. This gets the boat lined up and over the boat buddy. Click, I’m on.

Oh yea, and take your time. Getting rushed causes mistakes.

Hope this helps.
    H2Oman
    06 24SSV GG