Default 1989 saltare, original interior

Hi, i'm new to this site but in september i purchased a supra saltare and was wondering if there is any way to tell if the interior is original? any input would be greatly appreciated. I'll try to post pics if i can.11-8B278283-1920001-960-100.jpg

Unless the previous owner kept the stripe in the upholstery redo like I did with mine, that is original from the looks of it.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

thanks for the input. I thought it looked original but it is in such good shape that i found it hard to believe.

I haven't seen that exact interior design before but it certainly looks like a mid-late 80s Supra design.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

I Absolutely love it. This is off topic but i was wondering if anyone has built there own heater like heatercraft? I looked through the threads and couldn't find anything. I'm gonna build one this spring and was looking for fan ideas with my first thought being an automotive fan.

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    I Absolutely love it. This is off topic but i was wondering if anyone has built there own heater like heatercraft? I looked through the threads and couldn't find anything. I'm gonna build one this spring and was looking for fan ideas with my first thought being an automotive fan.
    https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...omemade-heater

Don't have pictures of the heater installed but have some pics and outline all the parts I used. I can take pics of it installed if you want. Much cheaper than Heatercraft and has a bigger heater core I believe. Also heater seats in that thread.

thanks for the thread, it gave me some ideas. That is just one of many projects for the spring. unfortunately that isn't until may when the lake opens.

Every Salt I've seen has a base color vinyl with single contrasting piping around the edges & some with a matching ~4" stripe down the middle of the engine cover and on the side panels. The double wide captain's chair typically had two removable cushion bottoms & the seat back and bottom inserts were pleated. I can't tell from your pic if either are present. However, that "rainbow stripe" is definitely trademark vintage Supra, so who knows. Regardless, you're lucky if it's in good shape since new vinyl ain't cheap & it's unique as well. Congrats on the addition!
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____