Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by a_deleon View Post
    Looking really good I just wish I had a setup that cut everything out as nice. I am trying a similar build as well but I am trying out the Crecendo audio speakers to see how they sound. We have been using some of the pro audio stuff in the car audio builds we are doing to handle the spl pressure. I like how loud but good they sound and wanted to try these wmx series because they offer them in marine grade but it looks like they just paint them white because they already come in the black carbon fiber cone.

Attachment 16765
    You need to dig deeper and see if its a true CF cone or just a paper cone with a CF laminate on the front side. We see this on a few foax-marine woofers. It looks good from the front but leaves the back of the cone open to the humid elements.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

It's true CF/fiberglass cone on the speaker they list it being weather/waterproof. Here check them out they offer them in the 8 and 10 in sizes along with these. These have some larger motors on it and make these more of a 7 in speaker with the setup on this.

http://store.crescendoaudio.com/pwx-...range-speaker/

Took 10 seconds to find what I needed to know, didint even have to contact the manufacturer.

100% weatherproof/waterproof front end cone/dustcap/surround assembly, meaning as long as the rear of the speaker is sealed off in a proper enclosure, they are certified for heavy marine/outdoor performance without the softparts deteriorating for years to come.

As I stated, dig deeper and you might find that its a paper based cone with an overlay. Back of the cone is still open to the elements.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

I am planning on running a sealed setup when my enclosure was all done. I have heard these in both free air and enclosed and the mid bass is a night and day difference so sealed was the way to go for me along with building me a crossover setup as well. For the price of the speaker being so cheap I am not worried about it in case the spider and cone mess up due to moisture getting inside the enclosure.

This is just a build to see if I can get close to the 8's without spending as much. I'm even not using a name brand sub I am trying to build me a sub to work with my current amp and design me a nice kerf ported enclosure to go with the sub.

Nice Found a_deleon,
    I just sent a message to Crescendo staff to get the impedance and frequency curves, and the sensitivity of those speakers.
    Will simulate a system if I find them interresting, and let you know
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

I forgot to look on the box to see if it listed more detail specs on it but they offer them in svc 4 & 8 ohm loads. I am running all 8 ohm so when connected I am to bridge my 4 channel to a 2 channel I wanted to keep it at 4 ohms since I am adding a tweeter on each pair along with it I didn't want my drop to be to low and maybe stress my amp.

I was looking at them and flipped the speaker upside down and they look to be real carbon/fiberglass cones not an overlay.

Last edited by a_deleon; 12-02-2015 at 12:01 PM.

Hi guys ! What's up ?
    I'm actually building my third TSB, still using HLCD, but this time with a 10" subwoofer in the center ! This thing will be and sound crazy.
    Thanks to a_deleon for Crescendo idea. I bought 2 of them, 8" @4ohm.
    This TSB is for a friend of mine. It goes to a Mastercraft, Under a Zero Flex tower, using factory cans handles.

Here is the frame of this new TSB :

tsb3-01.jpg

tsb3-02.jpg

tsb3-03.jpg
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Very nice, I'm sure that is going to look and sound amazing.
    Mark
    2011 Launch 22V

Thanks Mark !

Here are a few pics of the TSB covered and now solid, with dry resin :

tsb3-07.jpg

tsb3-08.jpg

tsb3-10.jpg
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare