Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I like the idea of the bedliner on the floor. My 23 year old carpet is flatter than a pancake- I second that you want to put in a 'heavier' carpet, it should hold up longer. I saw a new Supra at the dealer last season that had an almost shag carpet in it, I thought it would probably feel good under bare feet but it might lay down pretty quickly. As a rule of thumb- the higher the weight(oz.) the nicer it will look in the long run.
    -Rich
    1990 Supra Mariah/351 PCM 1:23-1 PCM

I went to the Atlanta boat show with my son this afternoon. Wow! There are some really great boats available these days! I was hoping to see some boat interior resource booths there but that part was very limited. I only saw Overboard Designs there and the only carpet samples they had were grey and tan. Ugg. So I came home and called Billy Holt who I had begun to talk with about redoing my interior and he said he has lots of colors and styles available to choose from. I did see one thing at the boat show that seemed like an interesting alternative to carpet. It is the same foam type material that is applied to newer swim platforms. They have quite a large number of finishes available now that seem like they cold be durable enough for an interior floor. I think I'm too traditional for that though and will go with carpet. Thanks Salty87 for the link to Ingles Carpet. I called them this afternoon also and they also have quite a variety to choose form. The biggest thing I got from talking to everyone was that if you want to keep the boat, don't scrimp on the carpet. Better carpet costs more but will last longer and look better longer.

Thanks every one for all the input and have a great week end.
    1991 SunSport