Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Finally got it home!

It was a long day but after 15 hours on the road I rolled in home with my new 2007 22SSV. I lucked out with the weather and was able to take the test drive in 70 degrees. All systems checked out great with the exception of some stereo quirks. It has 4 Wetsound REV 10s which I honestly think might be a little overkill for us. Its kind of crowded on the tower and I bump my head on them. I'm thinking of getting rid of 2 of them sometime before summer but I'm on the fence.
    I think the stereo is wired a little wierd as one of the subs ins't working right and the tone/sound of the system is not what I would have expected.
    There is a big Kenwood Xcelon amp, a Kenwood sub amp (I'm assuming stock), and 2 large wetsound amps for the tower speakers. I have to get in with a flashlight and see what stuff is wired where and the models of the amps to make sure its all good.
    Now just have to wait for spring.....
    Thanks for everyone who helped answer questions for me. It fits in the garage just perfect and the family loves it!

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Default Re: Finally got it home!

Great looking boat. Congrats.

Sounds like they may have tried to rework factory wiring (or even left it) in the boat which was pretty bad. Might be the source of the glitches. Get equipment model numbers and work from there.

Im running 4 rev10s and decided to go with a staggered stance on the tower to save headroom in the middle to walk thru. Might be something to consider.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2006 Supra 24SSV

I saw your other thread and agreed towing without the cover was the way to go. I have two Wetsounds pro 80's that are insanely loud. I would definitely upgrade them to two rev 10's if you decide to sell them! Nice ride, enjoy!

boat looks really sharp, you'll definitely enjoy it. At least now you know what to do with your 'winter' project list and where to start. Glad everything worked out for you.

John Young, Supra Launch 21V
    Apex, NC

I bought it in TN but it was registered in Mississippi. I live north of St. Louis in Hannibal, it was a pretty easy drive but I'm in no hurry to tow it over 8 hours in any direction anytime soon.
    It has 278 hours.
    I have my work cut out for me this winter with the stereo, I was messing around with it last night and I think I need to rip everything out and start over.
    My wife and I decided that we only want one set of the REV10s so I'll be looking to sell the other set.
    I'd rather not hit my head all summer and its a little much for the kiddos. I can always upgrade in a few years if we need to.
    Stereo autopsy pics to come....

I think MS is Missouri. MI is Mississippi I'm pretty sure. Michigan has a boat registration letter shortcut that doesn't look anything like the word Michigan.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

It's MC I wanna say for Michigan.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    It's MC I wanna say for Michigan.

Yep, I think you're right.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Nice purchase, love the blue!

Great looking 22ssv got a07 ssv also with wetsounds pro 80 , would like to upgrade what do you want for your extra set of rev 10