Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

You know I didn't even think about those issues..... I am about to add a amp soon and I suppose my radio will all need to be re-wired also right? Because at this point if its wired to battery "A", and I decide to switch the Perko to "B".....I won't have any juice to my amps or stereo will I? I ordered the Perko BTW, and is suppose to be here today or tomorrow. At this point I hate electrical, and I was really hoping to keep my cost down, but I am taking the boat somewhere so they can install the switch, amp and hook the stereo up correct. I have a feeling if I do it, its gonna look like a nest of wires going everywhere! UGH.....anyone near me want free dinner and beer if they can install(jk)? Thanks for the help guys
    Shane

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch

It can be as simple or as complex as you want it. I went for simple, because I like being able to control the battery usage with absolutes. Off is OFF. Nothing has power. Battery one means that everything runs off that battery. Battery two means everything runs off that battery. This is the simplest way to connect everything. The only thing you need in addition when upgrading from a one battery setup is battery cables going from the switch to the new battery, and a battery cable going from the switch to the first battery. So when I set mine up, I just had to purchase 10' of red and black cable. Done.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

OK well that sounds easy enough to do, I guess I was over thinking it in my head. I will attempt it first, then I suppose if I screw it up at that point I can take it to someone. I got a price today for it to be hooked up, and they said roughly 200ish (amp, switch). I don't know if thats good or bad, but I would rather use that 200 for beer and gas this summer.
    Shane

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch

I have the perko and the surepower switch. From what I recall the reasons to do so are: 1) if you have different type batteries and don't always run them in parallel then you can have charge issues 2) Does give ability to completely shut off power 3) I like the auto feature so I don't have to remember to flip switch or worry if I cove for awhile and might run battery down.

Basically for not even a day's gas money you make sure you don't get stranded on the lake. To me it was worth it. I got mine from Earmark and they sent me a wiring diagram which I followed. However my install looks like crap and I wish I had done a better job with picking parts and wire to make it look nice. It was more confusing than I thought and I -HATE- the battery position (in the PSL) on my 21V. I so wish I had moved the batteries when I did it.
    2009 21V