Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your a "PUNNY" guy!!

The sub is lit with the waterproof LED strip. The wall it is attached to is just a false wall in front of the sub with a 12" hole in it. The LED is not actually mounted to the sub itself.

That looks great. I'd like to do the same mod myself. Can you give more info on the bulbs. How hard was it to get the guages out? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by supraaddict View Post
    Oil Pressure Gauge before:

Oil Pressure Gauge after:

I took the whole gauge panel off (6 allen head screws on my year model. When you pull the panel out you can get to the bulbs. They should all be close to the top of the gauge pod. Here is a link to the bulbs I bought:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190712583534...84.m1497.l2649

$4.69 for 10 bulbs. The only bulb that is a little tricky is the wakeplate bulb near the gear shifter. just have to have small hands to get up in there but the bulb is at the top of the gauge as well.

Here are the locations of the flat head allen screws to remove all the gauges at the same time

When pulling the bulb holder out of the back of the gauge, it takes a 1/3 of a turn to get them out of the gauge

When replacing with a LED bulb it will only light up if it is put in the correct way, if it does not light up when installed, turn 180 degrees and put the bulb holder back in and it should light up.

The RPM gauge on my year model does not require a turn to remove the bulb holder, it was more like a lot of pressure straight out to remove the rubber wire grommet that incases the bulb holder.

Default Dash LED Mod ( 2008 Supra Launch 21 V )

Okay, I kinda felt silly when I bought the LED lights on eBay and crawled under the dash of my '08 Launch 21V. I should have checked to see if these would fit my year model.

The gauges on my boat don't have an external type bulb type to remove and replace. I didn't bother pulling the entire dash out to see and dissassemble any of them, but I'm not entirely sure that these can be upgraded. Basically they are a closed gauge with only the pin connector and external wiring.

Anyone with an '08 type dash set up replaced the lighting with LED's? Curious if this can be done. The stock lighting is horrible, I can barely see my gauges at night.
    Attached Images Attached Images

John Young, Supra Launch 21V
    Apex, NC

Hey John, did you ever figure out if your gauges could be upgraded to LED's???

Not yet, don't know if these can be upgraded. I did install the interior / underwater LED's this weekend. They look great I may give SC a call to see if there are options for my year and gauges

Thanks! You'll be rockin that new board soon!!

Apex, NC

No help from SC except to give me the manuf tech line and the gauge part #

According to a tech rep at Medallian Instruments, these cannot be upgraded. THe information he gave me is :

) the housing is sealed and breaking them apart could cause failure or moisture to seep in;

2) the units are already equipped with LED lighting and the only way to increase the intensity of the light is to increase the voltage which isn't recommended.

Kinda makes me call BS though, as there are plenty of guys on the Moomba forum that i believe have the identical set up but have completed the upgrades. PM's sent to those guys. We'll see.

Apex, NC