Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Stereo Autopsy part 1....

Just got the boat and the stereo doesn't work as it should. Looks to have been modified, added on, and not done well. I'm going to pull it all out and start over. photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 5.jpg

Default Stereo Autopsy part 1....

Holy spaghetti batman. At least they bought good equipment

Wow, good choice to start over. Post up some pics when you get her all tidied up.

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    ...and then used lamp cord to hook up the speakers! I would replace anything Kenwood.
    Lamp cord is the best/cheapest speaker cable you can buy! Wire is wire!

That being said.... this stereo/battery setup looks like mine. And that's not a compliment.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Looks like you got a heck of a project ahead of you. I would highly consider pulling the kenwood sub out from under the helm and place the Wet Sounds in its place in a ported enclosure. One properly placed sub in the a good box with solid power will go along way.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Today I'm pulling everything out except the head unit and remotes and tower speakers. I've been working with Wet Sounds for recommendations as well and they also noted to just use the WS 12 and put it under the dash and replace the kenwood 10. I'll have to get a box built but I'm planning on trying to do the rest myself. This will be the biggest install I've ever done for sure and I have to be honest I'm a little weary as I've been saving for this boat for 4 years! I really don't want to screw anything up.
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll be sure to post pics as I go and I'm sure when I get to the battery part I'll have lots of questions....

Day 1 is done.
    Pulled all the stock speakers, sub and box, stock amps and some of the wiring. The way the batteries and amps were hooked together was scary.
    Some of the stock speakers were in pretty rough shape and the factory sub "box" was in pieces when i took the sub out. I don't have to convince my wife anymore that this was a good idea to do!
    Day 2 will be removing the rest of the stock wiring and the wiring to the tower speakers. I can't believe whoever ran the wires to the brand new REV 10s used about 18 guage wire with ghetto fabulous splices in the middle of the wiring pulls.
    On it goes...

Day 1.jpgDay 1.jpg

Day 1.jpg
    other pic

Day 1..jpg
    Sorry I messed up the files. Here is the other pic.

The factory wiring is really frustrating to remove. I think I'm going to have to take out the side cushions to make things go smoother. Any concerns as far as the cushions go if I start taking off the interior seat backs?