Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I know someone that traveled over 400 miles with their boat full of ballast and didn't realize it until they got to their destination (Thats a lot of weight in a Malibu Wakesetter). The trailer was older and was serviced regularly. The trip went fine except the brakes were trashed on the truck and trailer. Trailers could fall apart at any moment whether they are overloaded or not. I believe it is in good shape mechanically, it will hold the load. If you plan on traveling through rough terrain or long trips every time you travel to the water then it is probably not a smart choice but do I think it would handle the weight. It might just mean that you service it a little more frequently. I don't think 500-800 pounds over will matter traveling down the highway.

Once you start reaching or exceeding max specs on trailers or any axels the biggest concern is hitting pot holes or bumps at speed. The forces put on the stress bearing components are of major concern. Proceed with caution on rough roads.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

If your in a wreck and your over weight you'll get cited and probably the insurance want cover it.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

^^ Never thought about that, might be something worth checking in to!