Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default 83 supra rebuild

Well I been slowly getting at this rebuild but I am almost ready to drop it off at my friends shop to get it in line for new stringers and a new floor. I have a nice list of to do's for this project but main thing first is stringer and floor, new mufflers, and hopefully new interior. If budget allows hopefully some new wet sound speakers for the tower and build an eclosure to have 6 of them up there. I have to decide on the fill & drain system or wet sound speakers but I am leaning more towards the speakers. I can still use my bilge over the side to fill it up and install the system later on. I am working out a deal with my friend so FAE might be installed also as payment for painting his V Star for him.

Here is some pictures of what has been done so far.

Last edited by a_deleon; 01-21-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Last edited by a_deleon; 01-21-2013 at 11:16 AM.

Yeah this is the so called supra star. The floors were pretty bad and it didn't help that the previous owner was not the brightest. He let it sit uncovered and with the plugs in so it sat with the floor flooded at one point. I got a friend price on replacing the floor, stringers, and gel coating the stringer and floor when finished up. He is also going to put foam while he is rebuilding the floor. Was glad I have a friend doing this type of work and letting him put the shop sticker on my boat kind of helped out lol.

The chrysler runs great but I need to look at the carb and give it a rebuild. I am also going to drop the oil pan and put a new gasket while it's out and clean up the motor and give it some new paint. We ran all summer and no issues with it other than when it idles it would sometimes die out like it was starving for fuel and would be fine with a little pump of the throttle here and there. The trailer I liked that idea also and while the boat is gone I have plenty of room in storage to work on the motor but it was holding one of my stand up jet ski's but put it on a dolly so I can sit the motor on the trailer for now. The shop is where I work at and they make it easy for me when I need to do something. I had to use the hydraulic press to push out to seized pistons in a jet ski motor. The hoist and large compressor made it easy to get everything unbolted to pull out and build the motor stand for the trailer.

Any updates?

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Quote Originally Posted by TitanTn View Post
    Any updates?
    Sorry no update right now since it's still waiting for my friend to get to it. I did get an update last week that he is getting caught up since we been having some warmer days for his work to dry faster. I plan on calling him this weekend to see when he thinks it will go in for the work to be done. I am trying to see if I can get some updates of the motor after this weekend. I want to take it to work and clean it up then scuff up the motor parts to give it a new coat of blue engine paint.

Glad to see another one pop up online.

Well it finally went in to my friends shop and we are talking tonight how to do the back section of my floor. He wants to gel coat and spray lime green webbing and not lay down some carpet on the floor. I just need to figure a way to get to the rudder area and when I finally have more money to plumb in a wake ballast system. He was asking about hatches but I have to see what he is talking about since I am not sure what he is talking about.

I finally decided to do the all black hull and some lime green lines. I kind of want to do my spin and make it look kind of like the 2013 model I see on the main page with the paint job.

Here is the first picture he sent me on it and he cut out the motor mount area. I will try and get more of anything else they did tonight while I am over there.

Here are a few pictures from tonight. Hopefully he will be done by the end of this week.

Thanks for the pics. I don't know that I've seen motor mounts done like that before. How is he going to bring the exhaust pipes into the engine area?

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

We planned to use the same muffler tubes and hoses and leave it how it was setup. The tips are still on the back of the boat so we are not changing anything up on it. I have to talk to him because I do plan on changing the tips out for the FAE I want to put in later on. so I need to see how he is going to leave it for my to change it out.
    Last edited by a_deleon; 02-19-2013 at 06:56 PM.