Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I am going to paint the top half of the boat. The bottom half is painted so figured I would do the same on top as well. I was trying to do this build on a limited budget so paint would be the cheapest way to go. Plus I never gel coated anything but I can spray paint really nice so be easy for my DYI build. I have some haze gray coming in soon along with some more black paint to touch up the bottom of the boat since they only painted the sides and the bottom is still a red color.

I got a chance to spray some paint this weekend and here is a few pictures of the new color on the top half.

Ran short on paint everything painted but this section lol. Oh well have more paint coming in so I can finish and have some more to add another coat or two on the outside.

So I went to talk to some of the audio dealers in my area to see if any deals on some replacement speakers for my tower. I was going to get the DB series in polk to replace all 4 on the tower for when we are just hanging out. One dealer had the kicker km6200's for $99 a pair and sounded like a better deal for those instead of the DB series. So I just picked up 2 pairs to replace the tower speakers and hopefully next year I can up grade and move these down to the inside of the boat.

That's looking good. I don't remember you saying what kind of paint you're using. I remember that you weren't going to use Gel.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

I am going with some marine enamel from the bottom paint store. I am using their haze gray topside paint for the paint.

was able to install the speakers today.

I had a feeling it was going to be a big difference between the haze gray and the gray for my floor.

I need a few yes or no's from some of the members. I was thinking and that I didn't like that break from the haze gray and the coated floor. I wanted to stripe that break in the colors with like black and lime green. If I should do something like that, keep it simple with a black line, or not do anything at all and leave it alone.

I'd break it with a stripe. Anything else will be hard to make look straight. You might check out some sign shops for a roll of vinyl. It's very easy to apply, straight edges, no fuss. And a variety of widths from 1/4 inch up to as thick as you want it.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Yeah I could grab some stuff like that at the auto parts store. I seen that pin stripe vinyl there at the store. I might go check it out since I am picking up the sublime paint from duplicolor at the parts store today. I am going with matte clear on the green paint instead of gloss since the gray is gloss.

Here is the green paint I am going to use for my stripes on the top side.
    Last edited by a_deleon; 03-12-2013 at 02:56 PM.

A few more pics from last night when I added a few more coats of paint and got that one section painted. Hope to spray the sublime green tonight so the top half it done with.