Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which GoPro should I get?

My birthday is this week, and I usually tell everyone not to get me anything. But this year I told them to get a GoPro camera for the Boat. But there are so many I am not sure which I should get and what features to look for. Anyone have some suggestions? Best place to get them? I was looking on Ebay.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

I actually went with the drift HD, i like it's slim design for my helmet. As far as the gopro both the hero2 and hero3 are great.

Go Pro Hero3 Black Edition if you want the best video quality. There are some comparison vids on YouTube.

Hero3 is 2x better than the 2 -- both are awesome.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

I was lucky enough to score the GoPro Hero 3 Black for Christmas. Awesome camera! This model comes with a remote as well as super high definition. There's also an iPhone app that lets you control the camera remotely while viewing the video on the phone. I love mine!
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Default Which GoPro should I get?

I can vouch, the suction cup is one robust mount. It withstood 200+ MPH winds and I managed to pull a dent out with the suction cup. I do like the chest mount for water skiing though.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

I own the first edition and it has always worked well for me... the HD's are so much better though. The Suction cup mount is the way to go! Neck on the mount is long enough that I zip tied some foam from an old seat cushion to it so that it would not sink... stuck it on the front of my ski and with the fish eye lense, it worked great!
    86 Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    I've bought all the mounts but the suction cup is the best. I've mounted that cup to everything that has a motor in it and it has yet to fail or fall off. I take the extra precaution and run a strap around it just in case.
    That's funny. I've had mine fall off my Aprilia at around 100mph. Every part that could come off did and I ended up basically sweeping it off the road (and it still worked!!) I blame it on the fact that it was hard to find a perfectly flat spot to mount it and I probably just assumed it was flat-enough.

There's two other of my former GoPros at the bottom of the St. Croix river. One fell off my head and my other one is still attached to my friends carbon fiber BOB hood.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

If anyone needs gun, bow, or dog mounts for there gopro I can hook you up I started a company a little while back called captureyourhunt and thats what we do .