Default surf behind a 1989 sunsport

I have a 1989 sunsport and i have a 750 pound fat sac and was woundering what other people have in theirs

1993 sunsport

1 350 up front port side

1 350 in ski locker half full or laying on back bench

1 540 beside doghouse butted up against back bench

Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

I have a 2002 Supra Launch SL, and last season I had no rear hard ballast due to a pump issue, but used by fat sac up front. Needless to say even with people sitting to one side, I could not get a good enough wake to wakesurf. However I've replaced the pump and added a sumo 750 lb fat sac to the boat. I'm hoping that should provide enough this go around.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, its dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.....................Hit it!

350 in rear storage locker, 350 under rear bench seat, 400 in the bow, 750 on the floor. 87 SunSport, surfs great. Also recommend ACME913 surf prop from NettleProps.com
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Mikey, if that set up produces the wake I see in your pics, really awesome job!
    1991 SunSport

1992 Sunsport.

370 on the surfside floor beside the doghouse
    750 on top of the above bag, with as much of it in the rear seat as possible.
    about 250 under rear rear seat
    150 either on top of the exposed part of the 370 or in the rear center seat.

No bow weight and I'm slammed to having water at the top of the rub rail in the back corner. Wakeplate is adjusted so it's down maybe 1/2 an inch or so.

Also have a custom surf platform that doesn't dig into the wake and kill it.

This video shows the platform and ballast setup pretty good:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW_eQnL5MPU
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

interesting take on the new platform--i've never paid attention to whether mine digs in or not and i have the same one you used to. i'll have to check that out when i'm back on the water in a few weeks!
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Quote Originally Posted by jtryon View Post
    interesting take on the new platform--i've never paid attention to whether mine digs in or not and i have the same one you used to. i'll have to check that out when i'm back on the water in a few weeks!
    Here is a whole thread on it:
    https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...Platform-build

I will actually be making a future version out of Seaboard Grip-X. It's an HPDE that has a textured grip coating on the top. (adhesives don't stick to HPDE so no sticking foam on it). However, I have to buy a whole sheet, which is enough to make two platforms. I think I'm going to wait until I have someone else that wants one to distribute the cost of materials better.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.