Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Stereo overhaul part 2

I have most of the new gear on hand, a big box of fun from Wet Sounds showed up today. The box I ordered was damaged upon delivery and a new one is on the way. If I can get my travel figured out for work I should be able to get to installing this weekend. I still have to finish up mounting stuff to the amp rack and get the wiring prepared.
    Final system:
    Head unit: Kenwood KMR-700U w/ 2 remotes
    Interior speakers: 6 Wet Sounds XS 650s
    Tower speakers: 2 REV 10s
    Sub: Wet Sounds XS-12
    Amps: 2 Wet Sounds SYN 4s, one HT1
    Wiring from Wylietunes!

This is easily the most involved stereo install I've ever done and I have to admit I'm a little nervous about all of the electrical work I've done to get to this point. I had to remount the ciruit breakers upside down under the dash to get the box to fit where I want and I'm basically overhauling the battery set ups. I'm crossing my fingers that everything still works once I'm done.
    Thanks for everyone's help so far!

new gear.jpg

That looks like a schweeeet setup. Please take pics as you install and let us see how you do! Do you have your sub box built already?
    2009 21V

Sounds like fun.... I did mine all up last year...4 rev10s on the tower and 8 wet sounds 650s, and 4 Rockford p3...ws420 controller and 4 alpine amps... It sound awesome... Wet sounds are the way to go...

Good luck. And have fun...
    2011 242 Supra Launch
    Stereo
    Wet Sound 4 Rev10s on Tower
    Wet Sound 8- 6 1/2 In Boat
    2 Rockford 12" P3 Subs
    Ballast Upgraded rear Bags 2 1100 lb
    ACME 2079 prop
    Shadow-Caster SCM-10 Under-Water LED
    All Blue LED Interior Lights

Any new pics? Hows it going?
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Work has been killer lately. I am devoting all of Saturday to getting the project moving! Pics to come soon....

I have all the speakers mounted and wire pulled. Next step is hooking up the amps. Quick question for you guys, what would you set the crossovers for on the amps for the tower speakers and the cabin speakers. For reference I'm using one SYN4 for the REV10s and 1 for the 6 WS650s.

In-boat and tower chnls on Hi-Pass fro sure. Rev-10s @ 80Hz and same for the XS-650 is what im partial to.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Same as Mike said, but you may want to go a little higher on the 650's depending on volume and type of music. You also need it partially drunk-tuned in case any of your buddies or other people try to take over. All it takes is a couple seconds to turn it up before you can respond and stop them.

Someone did that to my boat a few times. They'd sneak up behind my boat and crank the volume with the wired remote. Luckily I'd be close to the pre-amp to turn it down before any damage was done.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Hey guys, quick question. I have everything all wired up except the batteries. That's tomorrow. From the deck hideaway unit I have 3 sets of RCAs going to 3 amps. From the kenwood hideaway unit there is a front rca, rear rca, and sub rca. My two SYN4s have front and rear RCA inputs. As of right now I just have the RCAs from the hideaway going to the fronts. Is that accurate? Do I need to split the RCAs to go to front and rear on the AMPS?

The Syn-4 will drive all chnls with a single set of RCA cables connected to "Front" by moving the switch to "2-Chnl" So FRONT to one Syn-4 driving the in-boats, REAR to 2nd Syn-4 driving Rev-10's and SUB to sub amp.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio