Default Anyone from Minnesota/Wisconsin area heard of Shipwreck Boat Works?

So I was down at the Minneapolis boat show this last weekend and met the guys from Shipwreck Boat Works in Princeton MN. They had a pretty nice older
    tige in their booth that they had done a full resto on. Got to talking to them about my Sunsport in need of stringers and pricing on them doing it. I told them I would pull the top cap, floor and foam and bring it to them that way. To cut out and replace stringers, remount and align the motor and install new flooring, Scott told me under $3000. He also had knowledge of the supra rot issue because before I asked, he mentioned that they glass in drainage through the stringers in to the bildge area. Now I know they get materials for way cheaper than I can cause of bulk, but I was about to do this job myself and pay roughly $2300-2600 for materials alone....has anyone heard of this place? They have been in business for 25 years and work looks good, but I cannot find any reviews for them at all (other than on their own website). To me this seems like a no brainer at that price, shit, $700 is well worth no fiberglass dust!!!...just looking for input I guess and if anyone has heard of or even better, used this place....

Here's their website: http://www.shipwreckboats.com/

Ask them for the names of three other customers that had the work done. Preferably Supra owners. Then call them and ask if they are pleased or not, any headaches or surprises, would they use them again? Why did they pick that place to do it? Did they know the place prior to work being done? (Friends helping friends type of thing)

It's custom work, no matter how many times you do it. A good place should have no problems supplying a referral list.

EDIT: Also ask for a general build sheet. Basically a layout of what they plan to fix or repair and materials used. Of course with a job like this, there are the unknown circumstances and surprises, but at least have them cover the basics so you can hold them accountable.
    And while chatting it up with them see if they can provide pictures of the whole process if you can't just stop by the place. A good dealer will have no problems showing you the progress. Donny does, and it's not only great piece of mind to know it's been done right, but if you need to sell the boat you can show that the work truly was done.
    Last edited by haugy; 02-11-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Let us know if you go with them. Sounds like they know what they are doing. This is not a complicated job for any kind of shop with experience with fiberglass boats. It's time consuming for an at-home person but with the right tools and supplies, it's not rocket science.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Company name seems appropriate.....
    90 Conbrio

Dont know about there work. But from this older article they sound like a good experienced shop. http://www.startribune.com/sports/ou...6.html?refer=y
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

Thanks for the input guys, after some detailed discussion of the expectations the price magically rose (funny how that happens). I don't feel it was them trying to scam or anything, just that the original figures were not given by the appropriate person. Once the actual estimate was formed with their magical software as though it were an insurance claim, the price almost doubled. No hard feelings, but for that price its back to me just doing the job myself. Probably just going to limp it through another summer and deal with it next winter....