Threaded View

Default 2003 Supra Launch SSV light restoration

Bought this boat last week and the projects have begun.

The price was right and the hours low so I was prepared for the project in front of me.

Project #1 Remove oxidation. The owner hadn't waxed it in years and was going thru an ugly divorce. Typical story. I researched pretty hard and was able to bring the hull back to life with wet sanding, compounding, etc. I removed most of the decals with the exception of the Launch and SSV decals. The wave sticker, giant S and the horizontal stripes were removed to make the job easier. Now I'm thinking I like the look of a naked boat.

My local dealer has quoted me very high prices to install the large chrome decals that come on the newer Supras. Does anyone have a good source for them?

Project #2 Replace ballast system. During my test drive the right valve was stuck open. Easy fix and while I was at it I went ahead and replaced the pump and all three valves. In a past life I installed sprinkler systems so this was pretty straight forward. All working now.

Project #3 I am now ready to turn my focus to the interior. This sounds small but the plastic cup holders are ugly to me. Where can I find stainless steel replacement cup holders? The problem now is I can't figure out how to get the cup holders to pop out. They feel like they are really solid and I don't want to damage the interior. Maybe they are just sealed on there from 10 years of texas heat.

So, here are my questions.
    Decal supplier? Doesn't have to be from a supra dealer.
    How to remove rear cup holders?
    Source for stainless cup holders?
    What size is the bolt that holds on the spark arrestor and engine cover? I can't find it anywhere after working on the engine this weekend.
    Easy way to upload pictures to these threads? I looked but couldn't find an explanation that I could understand.

Thanks guys, I look forward to learning from you.

Bill D.
    Last edited by txnight; 02-16-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: remove link