Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Totally...i would not have had the balls to cut the platform. Would have made a new one. However, he is concerned with surfing, and that alteration will undoubtedly have a positive performance impact on his wave.

I would run it loaded down and see if you have taken enough off before the finish work. How mine runs flat in the water I think I would need to remove more to make a impact.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

All good points about the rail and its usefulness. However the gap between the rail and the platform bothered me and I was ready to trash it. I caught my toe in that gap last summer and boy did that hurt. To aid getting in I think I will take a router and cut in two handholds.

Looking forward to receiving my samples of hyrdoturf this week. Got some fun plans for it.

Anyone have a lead for electric trim actuators?

Bill D.
    Last edited by txnight; 12-13-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Nice to see it is finally getting a little warmer in our area. Recent rains are helping the lakes and we are ready for summer!

Feeling motivated I started back on the interior project. The carpet glue I'm using wont tack up or dry if the outside temperature is below 60F. That's my excuse for waiting three months to get around to this.

I purchased the carpet from ebay. It is a little darker than expected but looks nice. Didn't really realize how nasty the old carpet had become.

Surprisingly fast shipping and I'm pleased with the quality. I would recommend this ebay seller. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boat-Marine-...id%3D100102%26

I have a few more miscellaneous pieces to go. This job would have been so much easier if you didn't have to work around those floor panels. They made it a little tricky to get the cuts correct without wasting a lot of carpet.

I'm on the hunt for the vinyl trim along the bottom of the fiberglass. Feel free to offer a suggestion.

Also removed the launch letters off the sides and wet polished/buffed. Might just run it naked this year while I look for an updated supra logo that looks right to me.

That's all I have to report. Just wanted to add something to the conversation.
    Last edited by txnight; 03-12-2015 at 09:51 AM.

We have a very similar model (2001, 22SSZ). I bought it used three years ago, and absolutely love it. I’m a full blown DIY guy too, so feel free to hit me up with any questions. I spent an entire winter last year removing decals and wet sanding/polishing/waxing the hull. No clue how many hours it took, and my right hand was numb for a month afterwards. Here are some picks.

FYI - After all of that work I noticed the hard water spots after a day of boating were not simply wiping away. I tried countless "spray-n-wipe" products until I stumbled onto Boat Bling. I am not a sales rep or in any way, so this is not a troll. Regardless, each of these products are absolutely amazing. Give them a shot.

http://boatbling.net/

Note – I just found a source that sells this stuff online at a great price. Stocked about on gallon jugs, and everything delivered as advertised.

http://www.jmsonline.net/catalogsear.../?q=boat+bling

2014-12.jpg2014-8.jpg2014-4.jpgLED2.jpg
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]12014-4.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by txnight View Post
    Nice to see it is finally getting a little warmer in our area. Recent rains are helping the lakes and we are ready for summer!

Feeling motivated I started back on the interior project. The carpet glue I'm using wont tack up or dry if the outside temperature is below 60F. That's my excuse for waiting three months to get around to this.

I purchased the carpet from ebay. It is a little darker than expected but looks nice. Didn't really realize how nasty the old carpet had become.

Surprisingly fast shipping and I'm pleased with the quality. I would recommend this ebay seller. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boat-Marine-...id%3D100102%26

I have a few more miscellaneous pieces to go. This job would have been so much easier if you didn't have to work around those floor panels. They made it a little tricky to get the cuts correct without wasting a lot of carpet.

I'm on the hunt for the vinyl trim along the bottom of the fiberglass. Feel free to offer a suggestion.

Also removed the launch letters off the sides and wet polished/buffed. Might just run it naked this year while I look for an updated supra logo that looks right to me.

That's all I have to report. Just wanted to add something to the conversation.
    I need to do a carpet job as weel. How hard is it to pull out the old stuff? Can you estimate the total time it took to complete the job?

I had a response all typed up then the web timed out on me. You could bring carpet up from the floor to the underside of the seats like they do in newer boats but that's a little more involved moving some lights/etc. Flooring companies usually can edge the carpet to give it a finished look. That edge would be just below the lip of your seating (so, finished but mostly not visible anyway). I thought about the same thing on my '04. I've had her for 10 years, it's probably time to update it! Your carpet work looks awesome! Beyond that, a dealer could probably locate some.

How many hours do you have into that carpet project? I went through the wetsand hull refresh party last season.

FYI - I found these products after many false starts. They have made maintaining the hull work a breeze.

http://boatbling.net/

2014-12.jpg2014-8.jpg
    Last edited by barelyfloating; 03-13-2015 at 09:15 AM.

Hi everyone, first time on the lake this weekend so I thought I would check in with some photos.

Rounded off the edges and scuffed up everything for pad install.

I bought the self adhesive backed sheet. Shipping was very fast and it arrived in good condition. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also used this glue. It hasn't ever let me down on several projects and if used correctly it seems to last.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/36141670?w...039072&veh=sem

Up close shot

on the boat:
    Last edited by txnight; 04-20-2015 at 01:10 PM.

Next time I will get better photos of the face wave under normal conditions. Only two of us in the boat with no fuel and 500lbs of ballast wasn't a very good test to see if I cut off enough. Taking almost six inches off plus the metal grab rail is sure to make a difference.

If the platform material holds up for a few years I will be very pleased. It feels solid under your bare feet and isn't slippery.

This is my friend Sam enjoying his first time on a surfboard. He tossed the rope in with no problem (jealous of you skinny guys!)

Have a great week!
    Last edited by txnight; 04-20-2015 at 01:12 PM.