Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Hey there...fellow Supra Comp TS6M lover.

Wondering if you would be willing to help me out. I have taken on a similar project myself. I have a problem though...I never got a measurement for the motor mounts before I had a fiberglass guy redo all my floor stringers.

Would you be willing to take a couple measurements from your boat so I know I am at least in the ballpark?

I was thinking about getting a measurement from the gap between the transmission flange and the prop flange down to maybe the prop flange that is fiberglassed to the bottom of the hull.

If you are willing to help...my number is 218-303-6486. If not, I understand.

Thanks,

Benjamin Carlisle

Well guys, its been a long road but we are complete. Want to give a thanks to all that had great input and advice during the bad times, sure did learn a lot about these boats in the process, it was all greatly appreciated! Want to give a special shout out to lively for helping me solve an issue that had haunted this boat for years! Now time to enjoy and name it….

Last edited by Supra_Comp; 07-24-2014 at 10:37 PM.
    1985 Supra Comp TS6M
    351 Windsor - 240 HP
    Velvet Drive - 1:1
    Fully Rebuilt

That's awesome, wish I had the room/time for one. JEALOUS!!!!

Kevin Allen

Congrats for seeing this through to completion, you'll be happier every time you hop in the boat knowing how solid it is, and that you didn't spend 80k on a new boat.

Cheers!

(this is, without a doubt, in my future with my all-original-structure '89)...

Looks great. Thanks for taking us through the resto process. I'm sure this thread will be useful to others.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Thanks guys! Really looking forward to enjoying it next week.
    1985 Supra Comp TS6M
    351 Windsor - 240 HP
    Fully Rebuilt

Quote Originally Posted by Supra_Comp View Post
    Thanks guys! Really looking forward to enjoying it next week.
    Has anyone ever put in a small drain through the main stringers to allow any residual water to escape from the outside stringers foam? I think a couple members have. Viewing Michael's thread had me thinking...

I noticed after our rebuild we had a small amount of water by the exhaust ports and we traced the water coming in from the bottom of the rub rail (Silicone must of let go in a couple spots while we did the rebuild). We have since fixed it but for future would it be a good idea to put in a drain incase of any water that could get there?
    1985 Supra Comp TS6M
    351 Windsor - 240 HP
    Fully Rebuilt

Those holes are called limber holes. Most boats have them and unfortunately our 80's model Supras did not. But yes, when you're doing a rebuild they're a great idea.

1986 Saltare

Does anyone have the passenger limit and passenger weight limit . I've been told several times by DNR THAT this should be display. My 85 supra comp tsm6 label has fadedand isn't legible.
    Thanks GClarkbar

Quote Originally Posted by Gclarkbar477 View Post
    Does anyone have the passenger limit and passenger weight limit . I've been told several times by DNR THAT this should be display. My 85 supra comp tsm6 label has fadedand isn't legible.
    Thanks GClarkbar
    If you're boat is under 20 feet (like a comp) then you are required to have a passenger and weight placard. Over 20 feet and it's not required.

1986 Saltare