Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

So my wife has found a deal on renting a motor home and we have been looking at the Harrison Bay campground as an alternative to the hotel. What area did folks camp last year? There are several places that look they could be really nice on the web site but the site map is a computer drawing and you cant really tell what it looks like. If anyone has camped there before it would be great to know the best places. Any info would be great.

Ken
    1991 SunSport

Inair, both TitanTN and family plus Mr. Hunter camped last year I believe. They should be able to chime in better than I will be able to but from what I saw, the camp ground facilities are really nice where they were at. The camp sites are on a first come first serve basis though.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by inair View Post
    So my wife has found a deal on renting a motor home and we have been looking at the Harrison Bay campground as an alternative to the hotel. What area did folks camp last year? There are several places that look they could be really nice on the web site but the site map is a computer drawing and you cant really tell what it looks like. If anyone has camped there before it would be great to know the best places. Any info would be great.

Ken
    Last year we stayed in Loop A, and I'm intending to do it again. Actually, the park just started online reservations, so it's no longer first-come, first-served. You can use the link I included in the first post to get to their site. I have reserved site A18, and I would recommend anything between A15 - A22. There are lots of other good sites, but this puts all of us close and there is plenty of parking for boat trailers, etc.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    My dilemma with bringing the camper. Ok, if I haul boat up behind camper and then set camper up. How do I pull boat in and out of lake once camper is set up? Only want to set camper up one time not every evening and morning to go pull boat out. What do you guys do?
    Hampton Inn has a good breakfast without the hassle.
    Is the camper actually a motor home? Otherwise I'm concerned about you hauling the boat behind the camper! If that's the only issue, you're welcome to use my truck to pull the boat out and drop it in.

1986 Saltare

Titan, that looks great. Thanks for the input. My wife was looking out on the point A37 but it seems a bit exposed. I like your idea.

As far as the camper and getting in and out, I think we will have to tow the boat up with our tow pig anyway since the rental agreement won't allow pulling anything behind the motor home. I know, PITA having two vehicles but the teenagers have spoken; they want to camp. I'll let you know what we decide.
    1991 SunSport

I'm a 50/50.

Well since it's not a big secret around here anymore. Mrs. Haugy will be expecting another bambino this year. So pending how things go determines our plans this year. Y'all know the drill, kinda hard to anchor any plans. They are subject to the cause.

If all goes well I will get down there with the boat. If not, I may have to just run down there camp, and bum a ride. I look great in a bikini, so I can really make the boat look good then. HA HA HA HA

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    I'm a 50/50.

Well since it's not a big secret around here anymore. Mrs. Haugy will be expecting another bambino this year. So pending how things go determines our plans this year. Y'all know the drill, kinda hard to anchor any plans. They are subject to the cause.

If all goes well I will get down there with the boat. If not, I may have to just run down there camp, and bum a ride. I look great in a bikini, so I can really make the boat look good then. HA HA HA HA
    Well first off, congratulations! The Haugy family is growing!

BUT, you've been through this before, so you know what's coming. You ditched us last year for spiders. If you don't at least come down for the day, I'm going to contend that Haugy doesn't really exist until we see him in person at the Southern Supra Reunion! Of course if you don't bring the boat we might wonder about that too...

1986 Saltare

One more thing... if you come down in a bikini we'll act like we don't know you. It's already a little frightening that you think you look good in one!

1986 Saltare

Yeah, I'm going to try. I'm actually bailing on a wakeboard tourny the weekend before so I can have time to come down for this.

I'm not going to lie, though, pulling the boat for one day isn't worth the trouble. But if I can get away for a day or two I will.

What, no banana hammock?

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    Only time I will not ask for pics.
    Of course not silly, I already sent you those to your private email you gave me.