Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Don't rush. We will get there and go out on the water. We are staying at a hotel somewhere nearby, my wife made the reservations. Anyone can call and we will come in and meet up.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    Heading up Friday afternoon as soon as wife gets off work which she says may be around 1:00p
    I'm sure I'll have plenty to do but as soon as I hitch up the boat, I'm heading that way so it may be late afternoon early evening. Short 120 miles but prefer to beat the traffic out of ATL.
    I'm staying at same hotel. I would like to get on the water since I haven't been out yet this year (fingers crossed) and stay till dark but if anyone as dinner plans let me know in advance.
    Well, Googer should be on the water and I'll be there with the boat about the same time you are. We can definitely hit one of the lake restaurants that evening.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

We will definitely join you guys for dinner. I hope to get some boarding in this weekend. Had the boat out quite a bit, just haven't had a spotter very often so the wife and I have chilled a lot in the cove. Haven't even tried the ballast bags out much.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

I will plan on a short day Friday to join you guys. I took a nasty spill two weeks ago and bursted ear drum so the Doc. says I have to be a designated driver or spotter now for the rest of summer.
    1990 Supra Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by Loadup View Post
    I will plan on a short day Friday to join you guys. I took a nasty spill two weeks ago and bursted ear drum so the Doc. says I have to be a designated driver or spotter now for the rest of summer.
    Ouch. Sorry about that, but it sounds like you and Gogger are a match made in heaven!

1986 Saltare

Bought some new skis to make the Pirata era correct.

And then after reading someone tutorial about these items last year, I bought a new one so that I would be sure to have the correct one. My wife guessed as soon as the UPS driver dropped it off, what it was. Can you?

2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

I'm guessing an anchor, and I'm also guessing that it's a Danforth anchor which is exactly the right type for this area.

1986 Saltare

Your correct. Was it you that gave the tutorial on Danforth anchors?
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Quote Originally Posted by gogger View Post
    Your correct. Was it you that gave the tutorial on Danforth anchors?
    I don't remember exactly, but I know I have spoken about them on this forum, so maybe it was. Unless you're dealing with a rocky bottom, there's not much that can match a Danforth with a few feet of chain.

1986 Saltare

Got it off Ebay came with the chain too. I haven't opened it up yet. But I liked how they wrapped it.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec