Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

i dumped the boat buddy after it screwed up my boat in several different places.

Anybody that can't load a boat without a second person getting out of the truck, or getting wet, needs to go back to boat school. There's a way to do it, you just have to want to. That way doesn't involve getting wet, using more people, anything.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

jonyb it's nice to see your alive and kicking. How's life, work and the stereo shop going. I really don't disagree with you. The only problem is it's mama that does the backing and I load the boat. As far as school goes, I'm just gettin dumber and liking it that way. Must be an old man thing. I can lock up the boat and tighten the winch strap from the boat with it in gear. We usually hit the lake about the second week in march to late in october. The early spring water was 43. Not bad with a dry suit but it sucks to stand in the water without one. Sounds like I'm gonna get a roller and try it and see which one I like better. Found them in black and yellow. Both would match nice. Nice to hear from you again, Geno

Sorry, did you ever sell your boat? It was a beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by ditchsnake View Post
    jonyb it's nice to see your alive and kicking. How's life, work and the stereo shop going. I really don't disagree with you. The only problem is it's mama that does the backing and I load the boat. As far as school goes, I'm just gettin dumber and liking it that way. Must be an old man thing. I can lock up the boat and tighten the winch strap from the boat with it in gear. We usually hit the lake about the second week in march to late in october. The early spring water was 43. Not bad with a dry suit but it sucks to stand in the water without one. Sounds like I'm gonna get a roller and try it and see which one I like better. Found them in black and yellow. Both would match nice. Nice to hear from you again, Geno
    Hey Gene! Still the same here, full time job and still running a shop. We've got a lot of new car dealers we're doing lift installs for, so it's really picked up.

On the roller, wifey can stay in the truck. Just pull the boat up until it bumps the bow eye, then go up there and hook it. You can reach over the bow without having to go far enough to fall in. If you're in an incline, leave the boat in gear just barely above idle to keep it on the roller.

Quote Originally Posted by ditchsnake View Post
    Sorry, did you ever sell your boat? It was a beauty!
    Sure did. Sold it on here actually, in January of 2012. The buyer is a member here but I can't remember his name. Don't think he's posted here at all though.
    My Install Gallery

Hi John,

Long time no see, then 3 posts in a single day! Wow. Anyway, I've contended for a long time people either love or HATE the boat buddy. You and I will always disagree on this (until mine does me wrong and I don't like it anymore).

That's cool - to each his own!

Todd
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

i won't disagree with that Todd, but have you had a roller on this trailer?
    My Install Gallery

No, not on this trailer, but on the previous one.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Default Who has changed their Boatbuddy for Rollers

I am beginning to feel like I'm missing out. I don't have a roller or a boat buddy on my trailer.

This is what I have to deal with...
    IMG_0724.jpgIMG_0725.jpg
    Last edited by Jetlink; 03-03-2013 at 01:48 AM.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    I am beginning to feel like I'm missing out. I don't have a roller or a boat buddy on my trailer.
    Be glad to don't have to make difficult decisions like this!

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Now thats funny. Your going to have to get one, the other or both. Then you can be just like us and have something to whine about. I am relly going to get a roller and try both this summer. I think the real problem is winter in colorado. If it was warmer, I'd be on the lake and not looking for projects. Thanks guys