Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

As much mustake stuff as there is out there surely you can find a programmer that will let you play with the fuel map.

I think there is one out there that will work from a smart phone.
    A blue tooth adapter in the data plug links up to your phone no wires out in the open and you can adjust it on the fly.
    http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...ner-Programmer
    Last edited by 86 century; 03-01-2013 at 05:47 AM.

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape

I used a 1988 truck lower manifold a BC Bronco manifold adapter & a 1986 Mustang 302 HO upper manifold. When I started this project , manifold height was a concern of fitting under the dog house . The total height ended up being less than the stock flame arrestor. Oil pump switch is a on brainier idea I should have thought of it . Thinks 86 Century. I agree with the A/F ratio needing to be richened . I have just started looking for someone to help me with having a custom chip burnt . Any ideas of who it contact ? Also I need a flame arrestor that is under 3” thick that has a 3” flange . It would be grate to find one from a stock GT 40 motor.

I can't help with the flame arrestor .

You should be able to find a programmer that will let you make your own changes on the fly. Would be a bit more hassle to get set up but with a little tinkering the system will run at peak efficiency for every thing you want to do.

Since you could play with the mixture with some time the mix will be perfect for your eng. at the crazy loads we put on marine power plants.

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape

OK guys the EFI project is completed. I’ve learned a lot about EFI in the process. End result is the top end is the same. Cold starting is instant. Hot start up is a touch of the key. Idle is more stable. Throttle response is incredible. Stab the throttle full, the engine takes a breath of air and the boat jumps out of the water in not much more than a boat length. We have been out twice skieing so far this spring and my ski buddy’s and I think that the pull is more constant than before. And the PP is confirming this. The end cost was about $800 and I lost track of the time involved. So what it was a winter project.

have you noticed any difference in fuel economy?

How about a detailed parts list so we can all go junkyarding!!
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

So far I’ve been stabbing the throttle a lot running WOT testing A/f . So know idea of the fuel usage .
    Parts list…
    All of the EFI from a 1986 302 HO Mustang 87 & 88 think are the same but don’t quote me. The HO 302 is the same firing order as the 351.
    Lower distributor $45 & lower manifold $75 (round port) form a 351w,manifold adaptor form BC broncos $110, Elect fuel pump from Napa $95, a new heated o2 sensor $33, a 400 ohm resistor in line to the water heat sensor $3, a adjustable fuel regulator $75, air fuel gage to check the R/F ratio $50 or you can just check the plug color, and a power relay switch with a fuse to turn on all of the EFI.
    Delete the EGR manifold remove the sensor form it and plug it in to the harness.

This last weekend we went skiing Friday & Saturday. The boat ran 2.6 hr cursing @ about 28 mph, 7 skiing pulls 34.2 mph & 2 bear footing pulls 39 mph on 7.1 gallons of fuel.

677.jpg682.jpgI ended up installing a o2 sensor into the exhaust. It ended up not being that hard. It turns out that cast iron is easy to drill and tap. I started by using a 1” copper pipe cap for the fitting that goes through the water jacket. I drilled a hole that was the same size as the outside diameter of the pipe cap & then finished fitting the hole with a dermal . Then I drilled and taped threads into the inner exhaust. The copper cap was installed using a spark plug gasket/ washer coated with high temp silicon to the inner exhaust and 5200 calk to the outer water jacket. So far I have logged 15 hrs with on problems.IMG_1497[1].JPG

That's just friggin cool!
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____