Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wetsounds 12XXX vs. JL Audio 13w7

2001 Supra Launch SSV

Best sub setup?
    2002 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1991 Malibu Sunsetter (SOLD)
    2006 Honda Aquatrax R-12X Turbo (SOLD)

I'm going with a Kicker L7 this year. I've been getting my butt handed to me by them. I'm currently on a WS XS-12 with a Syn 1 amp.

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    I'm going with a Kicker L7 this year. I've been getting my butt handed to me by them. I'm currently on a WS XS-12 with a Syn 1 amp.
    Thats because you never would let me set you up with a XXX!!!!!!!
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post

You have a website for marine installs with no phone number.....
    2002 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1991 Malibu Sunsetter (SOLD)
    2006 Honda Aquatrax R-12X Turbo (SOLD)

The only web-related website we use is here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-In...234963?sk=info

Contact numbers are on there. We run a small, private, local business, and only use social media to promote our work. Most of the manufacturers that we are a dealer for have strict internet sales policies. I'd be glad to answer any questions though through PM or a phone call.
    My Install Gallery

Gettin_it,
    Surface area will be the main (but not necessarily the only) determining factor WHEN all other considerations are at optimum. And that's the rub. If you split up the woofer locations or have less than an ideal enclosure for a given sub, then you may be going backwards as you increase overall surface area.
    Always start with the best singular location/exposure/orientation first and the max enclosure displacement second. That will dictate the best loading method (sealed, ported,etc.) and the best woofer for this particualr application.
    Something else worth noting...All woofers of a similar size and construction will have roughly the same amount of total bass energy. However, the design focus in each case will determine where and how you get that energy. The exact same goes for the enclosure design.
    While I've not answered your question with an overly-simple, non-substantive response, I have given you a sequential process that will serve your goals better. Start with the boat.

David
    Earmark Marine
    Earmark Marine
    www.earmarkmarine.com

Gettin'it,

Neither is a bad choice, but the best one with will be the one that can be done right given the available space. Based on the dimensions I took on your boat when it was in a few months ago, I know we can do the XXX. I need to look into the specs of the W7. Which ever one you decide, I can help you with either. You know how to reach me if you want to talk further about these two.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Gettin'it,
    If you are close to Mike (Wylietunes in NC), and it appears you are very close, as an industry counterpart, I would highly recommend him to take care of your project.
    The same recommendation goes for jonyb for anyone remotely close to his Kentucky location.
    I've been fimiliar with the knowledge and work of both for years now.

David
    Earmark Marine
    www.earmarkmarine.com

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    That's because I don't have "balla" status like you. $$$

Don't lie...... Call me before you buy anything. I'm sure I'll be down that way soon. We'll be heading out to Brimstone or Coal Creek when it gets warm.

David, thank you!
    My Install Gallery