Default Winter has FINALLY arrived in my neck of the woods

Prior to this, we have had a total of about 7 inches of snow in my part of Colorado.
    Now, in 3 hours, we're over 14 inches today - and they are saying the HEAVY snow
    will be this afternoon.

I hate winter, but it's SOO dry here, we need this to fill the lakes back up and help the
    trees to not die.

2013_feb_snow.jpg
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Wish it snowed like that last weekend when I was out there. Only got 10 inches of fresh snow on the mountain. Have fun digging out from that.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Upslope sucks. Winter sucks. Sucks more every year. Bad thing about upslope is the mountains aren't getting what we are on the plains. Checked snow pac yesterday and we are only at 75%. It's been so nice in denver I moved the boat outside to take advantage of those nice march weekends. Boy was I stupid. Humm, I've been saying that a lot. Must be true. Oh, did I mention, winter sucks?

What part of Denver you in Gene? I grew up pretty much at Hampden and I-25 (my wife grew up at Quincy and I-25).

I really dislike the snow and cold, but I live in the foothills and I gotta say, living here, seeing deer/coyotes/bobcats/mountain lions, and even skunks, hawks, eagles, foxes, etc just doesn't get old!

Green valley ranch. Near the airport. I work for Xcel energy. In the gas dept. Work outside every day of my life. The older I get the more I hate the cold. We live for going to the lake anymore. Winter doesn't help with that. Some day I could see us live someplace warm. We bought a nice lot in Pueblo west to be near the lake but can't move until we retire. Seems like a million years from now. Ft Collins is really a nice area. That whole part of colo is really growing too

Which airport though? I see all of them out there. I'm only really familiar with airport names and can associate based off of them.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

I guess he's talking DIA ?

Yuck! No snow here, just cold, gloomy, and miserable.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

4 feet of snowpack in the yard here in the clarktic circle. I guess we are closing in on our average. supposed to get another 3-5 inches tomorrow.