Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Count Down

About two months to go for me. Give or take a bit depending on the weather.

It was 60 degrees here yesterday and pulled the boat out of storage but only the front 10' of the boat to do a color sample of my Bethany Blue Gelcoat for txnight's registration letters, then had to back her back in. Sucks but I only have about 28 more days and she'll be back on the water!

Made it out on the lake to test things out. First sunset pic. Then after it got dark it was time to see how the LED project turned out.

Two very nice pics. I can't believe you're already on the water, and at night even!

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

The weather yesterday was strange. 86 degrees and blowing out of the south. After working on the boat for a month It was killing me not to be on the water. There was a long checklist to work thru after everything we fixed/replaced.

The most fun part was playing with the wakeplate and the ballast system. It's amazing how much it can change everything. We had no idea what to do so it was fun experimenting. The water was pretty choppy but I think we have a wave big enough to hurt ourselves on.

Here is the best shot I got. I think the speed was 22 on the perfect pass and two people in the boat with the bags full.

How do yall set the wake plate for wakeboarding and surfing? The surf wave was plenty big but it was washing out along the top. I could see a big difference when we would just move around the boat. With 6 people on board it should be fine.

Depends how warm april is. We bought a couple wetsuits. Definitely sometime in May though. Looks like I will be heading to TN to pick it up in a couple of weeks. Might put it in down there just to try it out. I know Donny lake tests all the boats before he says he is done.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Default Count Down

Nice to hear some have gotten the boat out of the garage. Here in Cincy the weather hasn't been too bad in the past 2 weeks or so. But last night we got dumped on with snow so it might be a little while longer.
    '11 Supra Launch 22V

"What time is it anyway? It boat time."

You guys are crazy. We had 10" of snow yesterday -- and I went snowboarding. Tonight is my last night snowboarding, then 2 weeks in Mexico, then come back and start thinking "spring" (yard work, garage remodel project, rebuild a couple of motorcycle engines) and thennn.... it will be "boating season."

Seems like a very long way away right now.....
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

I'll post pics later, but we did finally get the boat out yesterday and put some slalom sets down. It was 'just a tad' chilly. Even with a 4m wetsuit, the water was nearly unbearable for any length of time. But once you got up on the ski it wasn't that bad. Water temp 50 deg. Great to get out FINALLY, so here's to the first beers on the water on Jordan Lake and the first set ripping it up and carving up some turns. When I get the pics ( including one nasty fall on my second set ) I'll post them up. Hope everyone either got out, or at least got to work on their boats this weekend. Cheers. JY

John Young, Supra Launch 21V
    Apex, NC

Here are some pics of Jordan Lake skiing day last weekend. I'll post some pics of some 'failed' turns later. Those were pretty funny. Time to get out on the water NC!

John Young, Supra Launch 21V
    Apex, NC