Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bow Ballast/Sac for 2007 Supra 22SSV

I'm upgrading the ballast bags and pumps on my 2007 Supra 22SSV:
    3 - New Pumps.
    2 - 750#s in the back.
    Leaving the Center with the Gravity III Sac that came with the boat.

I have the walk through bow with the front seats. Looking for options and opinions for the front ballast:

Option 1– Should I buy the bow-sac for under the front seats?
    About 650# full weight – probably fills 400-500#
    Plumbed to the Center Locker Bag
    Sits out of the way – does not take up any room.
    More expensive - $269 for the bag plus some plumbing parts

Option 2 – Use one of the replaced rear-sacs from back to sit in front of the locker/between the seats
    About 4000# full weight
    Need an add’l pump – over the side of the boat
    Takes up room between the seats.
    Less expensive – New pump + so some plumbing parts

Option 3 - Other?

What works best on your boat?

Mark
    Knoxville, TN

Spoke to WakeMAKERS.com today. (http://www.wakemakers.com)

Ordering two 750#s for the back, IBS Sac upfront, and the Pump Upgrade.

Looking forward to starting the upgrade process and viewing the results!!

Mark
    Knoxville TN

Hi Mark,

Can you let us know how this works out. I just bought a 2007 Supra 22' SSV Launch and I am trying to get it dialed in for Surf. I also just ordered 2 750s for the rear lockers (get them next week, backordered) and was not sure if I needed to also upgrade the center bag. Let me know what setup you think makes the best wave.

Thanks.....Dale

Hi,
    I just bought a 2007 Supra 22 SSV that has the factory sacs in place. I believe 650 lbs (middle) plus 400 lbs (Left & Right) in the back. I'm struggling to create a solid wake. If someone has a magic recipe for this configuration let me know or am I just better off upgrading the rear sacs? Thanks again

We have a 2008 20SSV and have almost perfected the wave on both sides.
    -Upgraded to 1100# bags on each side of the back. They don't fill all the way - probably to about 800#
    -Stock Center bag plumbed to IBS with a 3 way valve. When we have lots of people on the boat (rare since all of our friends have boats and everyone loves their own wake), the IBS stays under the seat and we think it fills to about 250#. When it's just driver and spotter, we put it on top of the seats and fill to 750#
    -DIY wakegate (sucgate) on the opposite side to the surfer. This was the best, cheapest improvement made. $40 in parts. We can drop back at least 15 ft from the boat and still recover. Wake is clean and about 3' high.

Thanks lorijenvey, Adding upgraded bags in the back + the wakegate (sucgate) seems like my best options! I'm new to surf boats so learning curve on the "perfect wake" builder is steep! Thanks again

Default Bow Ballast/Sac for 2007 Supra 22SSV

Quote Originally Posted by lorijenvey View Post
    We have a 2008 20SSV and have almost perfected the wave on both sides.
    -Upgraded to 1100# bags on each side of the back. They don't fill all the way - probably to about 800#
    -Stock Center bag plumbed to IBS with a 3 way valve. When we have lots of people on the boat (rare since all of our friends have boats and everyone loves their own wake), the IBS stays under the seat and we think it fills to about 250#. When it's just driver and spotter, we put it on top of the seats and fill to 750#
    -DIY wakegate (sucgate) on the opposite side to the surfer. This was the best, cheapest improvement made. $40 in parts. We can drop back at least 15 ft from the boat and still recover. Wake is clean and about 3' high.
    I have the same setup in my 2007 SSV 22'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 09-02-2016 at 06:45 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Hi,

Just picked up a 07 22SSV.. I have dropped bigger bags into the back and changed out the valve system. Ready to drop in on IBS, which bag are you running in your boat? wakemakers has the 725 and the 500, seems like the measurements of the 500 might be more what I need.. thoughts?

Are you planning on putting it under the cushions - if so, yes the 500. There is really not that much room under there.
    If you are planning on laying it on top, either one will work.
    2018 Supra SL400

Sorry to pick up an old thread. Just wondering if you have any pics of how you have the IBS plumbed to the center sac. I have the upgraded 1020 center bag - and just picked up an IBS. So far I have been using an over the side pump to fill it - but it's a pain!

Thanks,
    kp