Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas lakes

Default Texas lakes

Take 45 north to Huntsville and exit exit 113 for hwy 19. Go northeast on 19 till you get to river side (speed limit goes from 70 to 50) and the public ramp is 1/4 mile or so past the stop light in river side at the trinity river bridge on the right hand side. If you crossed the river you went to far

Sent from my iPhone
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV. Full Exile System. Can you hear me now?

Let me know if you guys need any info on Sommerville. I pretty much grew up on that lake and know it like the back of my hand. I am usally there at least once a month during the season.

yeah we know sommerville but not the water level been going there for over 10 years

for anyone who boats in Texas and is curious how you home lake is doing check out this site.

http://waterdatafortexas.org/reservoirs/statewide

I've been to Trinity off of HWY 19 several times in the past but never to Bethy Creek. We are planning a get together up there for a weekend. Is the cut to the river from Bethy always passable? Livingston shows 100% so sure Trinity is full as well.
    2008 22SSV Worlds Edition
    Drink Faster!! Saves money on Ice!!

Quote Originally Posted by 22supra View Post
    I've been to Trinity off of HWY 19 several times in the past but never to Bethy Creek. We are planning a get together up there for a weekend. Is the cut to the river from Bethy always passable? Livingston shows 100% so sure Trinity is full as well.
    As long as the lake is above 1 to 1.5 ft below full pull the cut is passable and it can be passable at even lower levels as long as boats go through it regularly. The more traffic through it the more of a dredging affect it has. I would not advise trying to navigate the cut for the first time solo, you really need someone to ride along with you and show where you should be ect but it does get shallow in some areas. There are not really any stumps in the area, it is mainly soft silt bottom. You should come out to the Texas Moomba/Supra Jam in August, it will be held at Bethy Creek and it is always a good time. Here is the link to the thread on here as well as our FB page.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...omba-Supra-Jam

http://www.facebook.com/MoombaSupraJam

Not exactly what i wanted to hear.....lol. were gonna be making several trips in the near future so possibly someone will be there to show me the secret!

we were gonna try and make it out last year but with 2 high school kids we get pulled in all different directions. as of now we are planning on at least a day trip for Saturday. Make my 16yr old come to drive me back to Houston.
    2008 22SSV Worlds Edition
    Drink Faster!! Saves money on Ice!!

Default Texas lakes

I would be more than happy to show you but I leave the country Friday for three weeks

Sent from my iPhone

A guide would be most beneficial for the first time. The entrance was hard for me to find on my own & I passed right by it several times - the only landmark was a large stick-up 10-15 yds out from the cut. I found it by watching another boat seemingly disappear into the jungle on the western shoreline.

Unfortunately (or is it fortunately?), I've got two teenagers myself & with all the Spring activities it'll be a while longer before I'm up there again.

David - I thought I had asked before, but couldn't find my original question or reply - are there any other places in the area besides Bethy that have access to facilities/gas/food/etc.? Have fun overseas & with the new construction.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Quote Originally Posted by sybrmike View Post
    A guide would be most beneficial for the first time. The entrance was hard for me to find on my own & I passed right by it several times - the only landmark was a large stick-up 10-15 yds out from the cut. I found it by watching another boat seemingly disappear into the jungle on the western shoreline.

Unfortunately (or is it fortunately?), I've got two teenagers myself & with all the Spring activities it'll be a while longer before I'm up there again.

David - I thought I had asked before, but couldn't find my original question or reply - are there any other places in the area besides Bethy that have access to facilities/gas/food/etc.? Have fun overseas & with the new construction.
    There are a couple gas stations and a small bbq/grocery place about 2-3 miles from Bethy