Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How are your water levels this spring ???

The great lakes look pathetic. Lake Erie must be 2' lower than this time last season. Cant wait till this drought is over. Low water and props go together like a highway full of nails.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

Home lake is still down over 30 feet (was down over 70) -- and it's filling, but they will start draining it again soon. (the people that worry about 2 feet down make me say HUH?)

Lake Powell is down in ways that haven't been seen for about 10 years and if we have no more snow this winter, it will keep going down. It was down over 40 feet when I was there in September - but 10 years ago, it was down 100 feet.

Water is scarce ... as much as I dislike SNOW, we need moisture, and if that's the only way I can get it - then BRING IT ON!!!
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

We are currently .05 ft above full pool and dropping daily. Hopefully we can get some good rain over spring to maintain the level because once July hits it will start dropping in a hurry so we need to be ahead of the curve.

When it comes to people complain about 2 ft low....at 1.5ft low our boat house becomes unusable, at about 2.5-3 feet low all the boat ramps in our part of the lake close. At 4 ft low there is only one ramp that will remain open that I know of and you can walk on dry ground 50ft or so past the end of our boat house. And this is not a small lake at 82,000 acre surface area.

Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by michael hunter; 03-11-2013 at 07:06 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV. Full Exile System. Can you hear me now?

Lake Lanier is about 3 ft from full pool - I am sure the Corp of engineers will drain it almost dry again this year....
    kriley
    90 comp ts6m

you got your wish, its still snowin. Now it can stop in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kriley View Post
    Lake Lanier is about 3 ft from full pool - I am sure the Corp of engineers will drain it almost dry again this year....
    Hope not...went through one prop last year because of that. Looks good right now though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '11 Ronix District 143
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: Liquid Force Faction 44
    Surf: Broadcast & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

We were out on Lanier yesterday . It was great to see it back up close to where it should be . Water temp 51 degrees we should start boarding next week.

Michael - I hope we can get together again this year - My oldest Son will start taking wakeboard lessons from Vinny at SMG - Vinny said you where the man!!!
    kriley
    90 comp ts6m

The Corps of Engineers manage Lanier with their magic divining rods. Someone should use the rods on them. My dad has had a place there since '73 and the stories of their mismanagement are almost comical. Like them making him buy 24" of property from them because his house was too close to the corps line. His house was built in the early 60's and is probably 600 feet from the lake up a steep drive. They have left the lake down for so long that all the shallow coves are grown up and hold soil so their depths will likely never return. It's disgusting. All in the name of maintaining the river level downstream. I've heard about some endangered mussells that might be harmed if the river gets too low. What would happen before the lake was there? I'm no expert but I bet the river is supposed to get low sometimes. But no, the COE knows better I'm sure.

But on a lighter note, we are on a GA Power lake and they can make the level whatever they want. It is full, same as usual. Can't wait to get out, we gave the ride a good cleaning last weekend.

Kevin you almost got it right Vinny is the man last year he won the king of Lanier competition. Your son will move up fast with his instruction.

Kma444
    I cant argue with you about the corps management of Lanier .I'm just glad its up now .