Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What do you guys do after you trailer your boat

After a weekend of use?
    Starting the 3rd week of May.
    We will keep our boat in the water starting on Thurdays and pull out on Sunday. We dock our boat in A river.
    A typical weekend consist of wake boarding, skiing, surfing, tubing and swimming with family and friends. Our boat is wet from the mayhem that has taken place over the weekend of play.
    As a family we all pitch in unload the boat of wet items; life jackets, ropes towels etc. We then wipe down the seat cushions and vacuum the boat.
    I try to drain all water from the transom but still have water that will not drain from the bow of the boat.
    I then will trailer the boat to our barn pull it into a covered area (lean to) let stand for 24 hrs to air out. Then place the cover on the boat.
    The boat is some what dry but still damp (carpet cushions etc).

What do you guys do to dry your boat and how do you get the water water out the bow?

We have 2008 21v Launch

does your boat not have a thru drain from the bow to the transom such that when the bow is angled higher than the transom it will cause the water from the bow area to drain to the back of the boat and out the rear drain?

When we pull our boat out of the water we leave it on the 30 degree boat ramp to drain most of the water out of the boat. But we cannot get all the water out of the bow.
    I was also wondering how other boaters dried there boats and try to preserve there cushions and carpet from wearing and break down from dry rot. We love boating and I like to keep a sharp looking boat.

Thanks for any input.
    Getting pretty jacked that the season is around the cornor.

2008 21v Launch

ok ive ben watching this and ill post I have a conbrio wet and water are its second nature if we leave the lake and we arnt going to take it out for a couple of days we pull all of the front seats and stand them up to drain all of the cushions that are loose stand them up and let everything air out for a day or so and then put them back ant cover on but all of the water isn't going to come out on a boat ramp their is water always always somewhere in a boat but my question is how much water are you talking about because after a warm day at the lake we have about a cup of water in the bilge unless we are swimming or bow wash but if water is trapped in the storage locker or somewhere in the hull of the bow you have a drain stoped up or cystel waters said do you have another plug somewhere ive got one in the back and one in the center but my bilge is in a lower point than both or if you have a fat sack is their a hole in it somewhere but their should be no water in the bow for a long period of time also micguiers vinal and leather for the seats ceep them from drying out and cracking and protects them

Thanks for the replies, there is only one plug on my 21v and that is at the rear at the of the boat. I break out the shop vac. To clean any water left behind.
    Do you park for an extended time with cover off but under cover? I could possibly park the the boat under roof with no weather to wear down inside of boat.

2008 21v Launch

Quote Originally Posted by Jdm89supra View Post
    ok ive ben watching this and ill post I have a conbrio wet and water are its second nature if we leave the lake and we arnt going to take it out for a couple of days we pull all of the front seats and stand them up to drain all of the cushions that are loose stand them up and let everything air out for a day or so and then put them back ant cover on but all of the water isn't going to come out on a boat ramp their is water always always somewhere in a boat but my question is how much water are you talking about because after a warm day at the lake we have about a cup of water in the bilge unless we are swimming or bow wash but if water is trapped in the storage locker or somewhere in the hull of the bow you have a drain stoped up or cystel waters said do you have another plug somewhere ive got one in the back and one in the center but my bilge is in a lower point than both or if you have a fat sack is their a hole in it somewhere but their should be no water in the bow for a long period of time also micguiers vinal and leather for the seats ceep them from drying out and cracking and protects them
    Holy run on sentence batman!

Sent from my iPhone
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV. Full Exile System. Can you hear me now?

No matter how wet my boat is, at the end of the weekend the cover goes on and into storage it goes. Wish I had a storage where I could keep the cover off but that is not an option right now

Sent from my iPhone
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV. Full Exile System. Can you hear me now?

During the week, our boat was parked outside beside the house. Depending on how wet it was (got caught in a rain storm?), we would prop seats and let it go, shop vac or towel dry the bilge, and/or run a box fan during the week.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

We towel off the boat after we get it on the trailer and away from ramp but before we hit the road. If it isn't going to rain, we also trailer home with the cover off and the seats pulled away from the back and towel dry as well. All the wet stuff goes into tubs for the drive home and then on a line in the shed. I check the floor and bilge for any wet spots or water and shop vac if required and store the boat with the seats pulled away to prevent mildew buildup and then cover.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Trailer home and wash exterior and vacumme interior with a shop vac. Fill with fuel grab a Tims and bring back to the shop. (sometimes it sits in the drive overnight if the weather is nice) Remove the cusions and stack the around the interior of the boat on thier sides to let everything air out. Next day turn on the bildge to drain the excess water which drained in. Cover and go back to work!!

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....