Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I found a chemical supply company that sells something called quat ammonia. Hospitals use it and Service master uses it when your basement gets flooded. Been using it for years when my boat gets flooded. Depends on the concentration of the ammonia. Dilutes like 50:1. Kills all mold and bacteria. I spray it on everything thats wet. Drys good too. They actually have enzymes that eat bacteria and it's byproduct smells really nice. Thats supposed to be eco friendly. I'm sure the quat ammonia probably isn't. Still better than stinkin compartments.

It's official name is quaternary ammonia. It's also used by food prep. companys to sanitize equipment and tables. Must not be too bad then. Found it online too
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchsnake View Post
    I found a chemical supply company that sells something called quat ammonia. Hospitals use it and Service master uses it when your basement gets flooded. Been using it for years when my boat gets flooded. Depends on the concentration of the ammonia. Dilutes like 50:1. Kills all mold and bacteria. I spray it on everything thats wet. Drys good too. They actually have enzymes that eat bacteria and it's byproduct smells really nice. Thats supposed to be eco friendly. I'm sure the quat ammonia probably isn't. Still better than stinkin compartments.

Oh yes, getting things dry here in the summer is challenging at best. Hanging things up does let them drip which helps a bit. But you are right, the lakes here are pretty darn nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ditchsnake View Post
    I forgot about where you live and I live. Colorado is drier than a popcorn fart. We went to Missouri last year. Hung our towels out under a covered slip and they were still soaking wet in the morning. At least you guys have nice big lakes.