Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tow home, put in the shop with cover on and the dehumidifier inside. It drains out of the bilge plug and out of the shop through a container with a drain hose. Drys the carpets and storage areas out really quickly. I will roll up the bags if the carpet is damp under them at all. That was mostly when we were playing with bag locations and would be using the manual pump and hose to fill them. With everything plumbed there is mush less in the way of dampness inside the compartments. I leave the cushions pulled forward so the air can circulate.

I sometimes think that we are hard on our boat. We take a boat cruise wake broad, knee broad and swim a lot while we go up and down the river. The kids like to jump off the back and climb back onto the back and do it all over again. I must say my family of five is like an Indy pit crew when we pull the boat out and bring it up to the house. We wash the exterior take out the cushions, wipe them down and vacuum the interior. I wax twice a year.
    We built a pole barn with a lean to on the back side where I park the boat which keeps it out of the noon and afternoon sun. If it rains and it is windy, there is a possibility of rain water entering the boat.

Do any of you worry about animals (pest) getting into your boat. Our house was built in an open field and mice are a concern. Someone in another thread mentioned that they use fabricate softeners to keep them away. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks for the input thus far.

Mark

Just bought a new 2012 24v.
    Cannot wait to pick it up.

I just open up all the hatches, turn off the batteries, get all the trash out, and hang up all the gear. Once it's in the shop I don't have to cover it, and it dries out fine.

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    I just open up all the hatches, turn off the batteries, get all the trash out, and hang up all the gear. Once it's in the shop I don't have to cover it, and it dries out fine.
    That's because you have achieved "Baller" status and have a toy barn big enough for that.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

I am thinking I will be a lot more careful with my boat this year. I always tried to get it dried out last year. But with restoration, I think I will put the dehumidifier in there when we get home. Hopefully in the next year or two I can build another pole building for the boat and my tractors and trucks. Not sure if the township will let me put another one up. But until then she is under the lean to.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

what type of dehumidifiers do you guys use ive ben looking at buying one
    89 supra conbrio - big air h20 tower - jl aoudio - Rockford subs - custom wrap

besides the cleaning we take everything out of the boat including the bags and cusions and set up 4 fans that oscillate. Its dry in an afternoon. Also have a sunbrella storage cover that breaths in case the weather is bad when we get home. Takes 1/2 an hour to completely unload. I toss and the wife hauls in the garage to hang up all the wet stuff.

I have a couple just home dehumidifiers that came from the big box stores. I keep one in the boat and one in an enclosed car trailer as nothing traps moisture like an enclosed trailer. Nothing special at all. I just run a drain hose instead of the bucket. Easy enough

If we lived in a drier climate, the dehumidifier would be redundant obviously. But here in central GA, humidity is omnipresent.

Default I wasn't thinking

I forgot about where you live and I live. Colorado is drier than a popcorn fart. We went to Missouri last year. Hung our towels out under a covered slip and they were still soaking wet in the morning. At least you guys have nice big lakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kma4444 View Post
    I have a couple just home dehumidifiers that came from the big box stores. I keep one in the boat and one in an enclosed car trailer as nothing traps moisture like an enclosed trailer. Nothing special at all. I just run a drain hose instead of the bucket. Easy enough

If we lived in a drier climate, the dehumidifier would be redundant obviously. But here in central GA, humidity is omnipresent.

yea I live in nc and everything stays wet. it takes like a week to dry our boat out if not longer. im going to go get some dehumidifiers and see if it helps