Thread: Fuel Filter

Default Fuel Filter

I don't have access to my boat and won't for another three weeks so here is my question. Anyone know what part number the fuel filter is supposed to be? I need to replace mine this spring as part of my preventive maintenance and want to order the filter to have it ready. It is the stock mounting housing for the filter located up in front of the bilge with the two bolts that need to be loosened before the filter can be spun off.

Thanks guys.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

If you have a marine place, just spin it off and take it with you. If not, call www.skidim.com and they can get you sorted out. All they need is a few numbers off the side of your old one. They can ship it to you. No hassle, no running around.

Sounds like this one, the stringer mounted housing with a cartridge filter inside?

^^ yep, that's the one. Get it from skidim . . . and make SURE you don't lose the copper gasket! I misplaced mine one time and it leaked fuel (small leak) from around the center bolt. I tried making a gasket while out on the river with some cork/rubber gasket material that I keep in my tool box, but that leaked too. ONLY a copper washer works for this application.
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Is that the fuel filter or the fuel/water separator? Or are they one and the same?
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by kvand347 View Post
    Is that the fuel filter or the fuel/water separator? Or are they one and the same?
    One and the same