Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

good on you! large drive in one day! Still getting snow in the passes which are hard to avoid from your place to Kelowna!
    glad the boat worked out for you.

There are plenty of good boats out there. I just bumped into a nice comp in California, a 2000 for around 17k, with 300ish hours.
    Google Supra Comp for sale.

Tried to post these yesterday but somehow screwed up. All cleaned up and ready to spend some time on the water.

Very, very, very, very, jealous. Congrats !

Nice first choice in boats. You will enjoy the white Ferarri while carving up the lake. Did you get the extensions for the trailer ?? Mine were nice when loading solo...

awesome boat !!!!! very pleased for you!
    Enjoy it to the hilt! treat her like a fine lady and she will be good to you in turn!

Well, after a little work I love my comp!
    I did some optional things like fluids, filters, cap, rotor, coil, tinted the windshield and some mandatory things like new batteries, tighten up the shaft seal to stop a pretty good leak, cleaned and caulked the rub rail (there were a couple of small gaps so I cleaned and did the whole thing) and take the carb apart and clean it up.

She has given me several trouble free weekends and I get compliments from everyone who sees it, still one of the best looking hulls on the water. I don't care for towers but after using it I am glad it is on there or half the boat would be useless when towing people.

I have a couple of things that I am working on though:
    I have a leak I can't seem to pinpoint. The shaft seal is leak free but I still have water in the bilge after running around (doesn't seem to leak when sitting still much). The pump will run every 20 minutes or so and pump what looks to be about 1/2 gallon out. It isn't coming from the motor or exhaust and when I am running around with the bilge pump cover off I can see what appear to be little bubbles right next to the pump like it is coming in right there - any ideas?

Also, at part throttle under load there is a weird slight vibration that resonates through the boat - not a shake or anything but the tone of the boat changes if that makes sense. Is this normal? I have checked everything to be sure it is all tight from the tranny back and can't feel anything, I replaced the prop with a new in box stock michigan unit I got locally from a friend who bought it for a spare and never used it.

Oh yeah, and you can tell the boat was made in the days when gas was a buck a gallon! I am lucky to get about an afternoon and a half of tugging the kids around on a tank of fuel.

In spite of these things I love the boat and she was worth the wait, thanks for everyone's input while I was looking!

Seal on the rudder might be the leaky culprite. Some had a grease nipple on them others need to be removed and serviced.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

When you are talking about the part throttle issue, is it a tone that is resonating throughout the boat? Mine does that, there are certain speeds where it seems like the whole boat is resonating the exhaust tone.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    When you are talking about the part throttle issue, is it a tone that is resonating throughout the boat? Mine does that, there are certain speeds where it seems like the whole boat is resonating the exhaust tone.
    Yes, exactly. It doesn't feel like anything is wrong necessarily, it just resonates. The loud exhaust is actually one of the things I enjoy about the boat, my wife says it doesn't sound like anyone else on the lake. It cracks me up that they call it a "marine silencer" on the exhaust, talk about false advertising.