Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Most block leaks are internal. To be safe I would assume the engine is toast if it wasn't winterized. I do recall something about the risers cracking and leaking but from what is the question. As for price I would start off around $4000.00 and go from there. There will be many suprizes along the way with this one, so you need to be in it at a bargain basement price.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

I would say 5-7,000 is a fair price for both you and the seller, depending on what it comes with. FWIW, I got my 98 Comp (All composite) with a trailer, 400 hours on the clock and in excellent condition for 10k.

NADA book on that boat with a trailer is 9,840 (Low)

Well, I made an offer and we aren't far apart on a price on this thing. I am hoping against hope that there aren't any cracks in the motor, the oil wasn't milky and it had been run for a few minutes sporadically when I looked at it. The water that was leaking wasn't coming from the block so I am crossing my fingers that the manifolds are the culprit.

I have done the math on the parts needed from skidim to get the mechanicals right but there are some salvage parts that I need and don't know where to get them or how much they will cost.
    I need: glove box door (broken), wing windows, possibly windshield parts to hold them in, and a clock or plug for the clock hole in the instrument panel - any ideas?

The boat needs TLC and a little wrenching but it comes with a cover, ski pole, ski, ropes, and a fat sac/pump.
    I think I am going to take the risk on this boat that it is only the manifolds that leak if I can get the price right. If it needs a motor I will be in it total around 8K but at least then I know it is pretty much mechanically new and the hull is composite so no surprises down the road.

cool, i hope it works out for you. pics of the signs of a leak?

you might find some of those parts when someone parts out an old hull on here. happens a few times a year. check the classifieds section.

my clock was replaced with a depth gauge.

here is one locally --94 with the classic style so believe it would be composite stringers
    Road Trip anyone???
    http://classifieds.castanet.net/deta...board/1598288/

Some of these were the exception to the round windshield rule.
    You Are the One, I take a bubble
    Cheap Guild Wars 2 Gold
    Diablo III Items
    Buy RS Gold

American Marine for the windshield -located in Florida. I made my own lid for the glove box - I have a 90 comp. AS for the extra parts - Try viper customs - I picked up a few parts that he had laying around...
    kriley
    90 comp ts6m

Quote Originally Posted by crystal waters View Post
    here is one locally --94 with the classic style so believe it would be composite stringers
    Road Trip anyone???
    http://classifieds.castanet.net/deta...board/1598288/
    Huge thanks to Crystal Waters, road trip indeed!

I left saturday am at 6 and got back saturday night at 10:30 but the boat is in my garage. Nicest one I have seen and it is all 'glass except the seat frames and engine cover bulkhead. I got it for a fair price and I like the colors. Don't see many with the white windshield frame but I kind of dig it with the all white gelcoat, looks different than most.
    I will post pics up when I get done detailing and buffing her out, I am so excited - finally got my comp (my first non pontoon boat)!

sounds like you are in the lower mainland .
    glad it worked out for you!
    I believe big time in road trips for the right boat!
    how about some quick pics pre detail

Quote Originally Posted by crystal waters View Post
    sounds like you are in the lower mainland .
    glad it worked out for you!
    I believe big time in road trips for the right boat!
    how about some quick pics pre detail
    Yup, I'm about an hour south of Seattle so the trip was just on the edge of an overnighter. I was surprised to find snow and ice on the road going there and it slowed me down a little, pretty nice up there though.

The boat was a little dirty and oxidized, he had it at a marina last year for sale and they had it out in the sun unprotected. I'm going to get it detailed out and then do a fluids/belts/impeller service and tune up next and then it should be water ready. I will snap a couple pics tonight.