Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default New Supra owner!

What's up fellas... thought I'd join up here to get some help in my future endeavors of the boat I just bought. Picked up a 2006 20ssv with perfect pass, heater, ballast, tower, full stereo, wake plate, docking lights, interior lights.. basically loaded. Got a killer deal on the boat because the previous owner, who was the original owner, bought it for his kid who just neglected it. I finally had a chance to clean it up today since the weather cooperated. It still needs a few things to be up to my standards. I need to replace one of the ballast bumps (I think), it might be wiring or connections, haven't gotten that far yet. Also, the heater works on high, but not low. Needs a solid buff/polish/wax above the rub rail. Could use it below the rail too, but that at least looks decent. The guy before me apparently parked it in his dock with no fenders, so one of the sides is all scraped up and will need some gel-coat repair. The nose also has a couple big chips taken out of it from running into docks drunk (retard). Needs a little work, but I picked this thing up for half of what it's worth. Has 520 hours, and overall it's decent, just needs some elbow grease.

Anyway, thought I'd say what's up and introduce myself. Here's a couple pictures after I cleaned it today. The carpet was disgusting, seats dirty as all hell, and leaves everywhere in the boat. Sad to see someone neglect something so nice. It found a good home though, I'll be taking care of her. Can't wait to get behind it!

Welcome to the family. Nice looking rig .It looks like you are well on the way to bringing her back to her prime.

Very Nice!!! Happy to see another Supra being taken care of. It's a shame to see one not so old so neglected. Have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kma4444 View Post
    Very Nice!!! Happy to see another Supra being taken care of. It's a shame to see one not so old so neglected. Have fun!!

Yeah, it's amazing how people just let something like this rot. Worked out for me though, as this was a sub 20k dollar boat thanks to the neglect.

Under 20k....oh wow...jealous is an understatement!!!

Can someone explain what the difference between a sunsport 20v and a launch is? Are they one in the same?

No...and i believe it's the walkthough to the bough that is the difference.

The 20V came in three configurations for the 2006 line up. The Sunsport 20V (which you have), Launch 20V and the Launch 20ssv. More less all three hulls are the same other than the colour and options in the boat. It was the second smallest in the line up for 2006, with all the options of the larger boats. IMO it was a great deal and will be a great all around budget boat.

Anyone who is looking for a boat this is the way to do it. Sometimes it is nice to buy something perfect but with perfection comes a premium price. Looking beyond the dirt, grime and neglect stands a beautiful boat. Enjoy!!

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

NICE!! it doesn't take much to bring it back to life....great buy! im telling you right now you can save a butt load of money if you redo those seats in the back your self. iv redone my whole interior this winter from scratch and had no previous sewing skills at all...just watched some youtube videos and grabed an old sewing machine and went for it and couldn't be happier on the result.

Not everyone is confident enough to tackle interiors...you did a great job though.