Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

yea just trying to inspire people to be confident...it can really save some money and really isn't that hard...i screwed up because i should have made a video of doing a seat and posted it on here. i bet 50% of the people that need interior work done would tackle it then. thank you for the compliment by the way.

Welcome to the forum Zim! Glad to hear you got a deal and take care of your toys. What a difference it makes when it's your money and not given to you!
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

Cangrats on the new-to-you rig & welcome. Sounds like an awesome deal & looks like you've already got a great start on her - you'll have her all cleaned up in no time.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Welcome! Like everyone else has said, you got a great deal and you'll be happy with it!
    86 Saltare

Default New Supra owner!

Yes you stole it alright, I remember the Craigslist ad. So you going to keep her for a while now? I know you're an MC guy, just wondering if the Supra won you over

Anyways thanks for sharing it cleaned up great, wasn't there a small gel coat repair needed?

Alexoag, which videos did you watch? I'm planning on doing mine. I have a solid sewing maching and have been doing my own sail repairs (windsurfing) and canvas bags etc for years, but I thought boat vinyl might be a bit too tough for my machine.

WOW Sub 20k? That's awesome. Great color combo. Take your time fixing up the little things, just don't forget to get out and enjoy it this summer too.

Chris i have a link on my other post for the videos under "pride and joy" if your doing canvas with your machine it will work great for marine vinyl. just make sure you have a big needle in there and the website i used to order everything and i mean everything was http://veada.com/marine-vinyl-boat-upholstery.html they are great to work with

Hi Zim,

Welcome. Always great to have new members. If I am not mistaken I remember seeing your thread on the WakeWorld discussion a few months back. Correct me if I am wrong but some guy (not Zim) posted the Craig's list ad on the forum and planned to buy it but had not yet paid for it. Then all heck ensued. All of a sudden like 10 guys jumped at the chance to grab the boat. Actually got quiet funny watching the guys stubble over each other to see who was going to end up with the boat. I guess you were the lucky winner. I must say that was a great buy. Hope you keep it. And congradulations I know it became quiet a storm of activity on the WakeWorld forum.

Default New Supra owner!

I think it was something like that, guy posts deal of lifetime on wakeworld and heads out of town on a ski vacation. Very entertaining. Zimme stumbled onto the ww post after he bought it, he's a TT regular.