Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Garden

I decided I would plant some melons in the area I had the garden boxes in the fall. Here's a few pictures of the two spots I planted them. Also, you can kind of get an idea of how the tomatoes and tomatillos are growing. Most of the plants are around 3-4' tall.

Here are some new pictures of the garden. We harvested the rest of the carrots and all the onions and garlic. The onions were all a little on the small side. We chopped the onions and carrots and put them in vacuum seal bags in the freezer. We have about 8 cups of each for cooking...not bad. The onions and garlic were both on the smaller side and I've been reading about planting them in September and letting them grow through winter to get better yields. I plan to give that a try this fall. The potatoes got really wet with all the rain and ended up starting to wilt really bad, then died. I've been digging out the box and only found a few potatoes. I think I'm going to plant more since we still have enough time left in the season. Everything else is doing well and we've had a steady supply of tomatoes. The squashes are just now starting to produce some, although our zuchinni is still really small...not sure if we're going to have any luck with that one. The sunflowers, okra and eggplant I planted late are doing pretty good. All in all, things are progressing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Boarder View Post
    feed me Seymour

garden looks awesome!

LOL! Thanks.

We live at 5000 feet, so are a little behind your "lowland" gardens, but here's a photo of the boss and her garden before sprouting and last week:

2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

That's looking good. In addition to elevation, I'd imagine you're in a much different zone than us. My MIL lives in WY and they're about as far long in growth as you.