Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Garden

Last edited by Okie Boarder; 05-15-2013 at 11:37 PM.

Last edited by Okie Boarder; 05-15-2013 at 11:37 PM.

That's quite a fort. Looks stout, I like the hanging baskets.

Looks like grass between the planters? Mine's that way. I need to do something about that. Tired of weed eating it and getting grass clippings in the beds.

Yeah, once I started figuring out what I was wanting to do with it, I realized it needs to be pretty stout. That is grass in between...I'm not going to remove it since we'll probably only be in this house for another couple years and I'll need to replace any grass I "damage". The weed eating isn't a whole lot of fun, but grass clippings in the garden aren't a bad thing...natural mulch and fertilizer.

Some more pictures of the progress. The turnips have been harvested...ate some this weekend in a medley of roasted root veggies. The spinach has also been removed since it started to bolt. I've planted eggplant, okra and a couple sunflowers in the place of those items. All the welded wire mesh has been installed and ready for the climbers and tall plants to be tied off to.

Broccoli, carrots, peppers.

Lettuce, onion, green beans, cucumber, tomatoes. This box had spinach and now has sunflower in the empty square.

Basically the same with different lettuce and cucumbers. Both of these had spinach in them and now have the eggplant and sunflowers. One tomatillo plant is in this box, as well.

Cauliflower, carrots, squash, peppers.

Onions, garlic, green onions, squash, tomatoes, tomatillo. Turnips were in the square that looks empty now. Okra has been planted there.

Parsnips, garlic, green onions, squash and tomatoes.

Potatoes

Update. Some of the maters are starting to turn red and things are growing well. We harvested quite a bit of lettuce and spinach and really enjoyed that. The cauliflower didn't do too well in the garden...never seemed to want to grow heads, just leaves. I had a couple in pots that got some decent heads started and they got hit pretty hard with worms. We've planted some sunflowers and okra in a couple of the empty squares until we plant something for fall. All in all, things are going well and we are seeing some good growth of the summer crops.