Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

this has been exactly my experience with my 4160.... great thread.. Salty is so right, from what ive found in Toronto replacing is real competitive vs. rebuilding at a carb shop.. My Query there is if the Carb shop has a great reputation, is there a chance they might get it better than factory???
    Last edited by mapleleaf; 04-10-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    90 Conbrio

My 89 Mariah also has a Holley. When I first got it the new looking Holley carb would load-up and run rich. In my case I could see the secondaries dripping during idle on a warmed-up engine. Dangerous, I know!
    With the carb/floats set-up correctly I guessed that the engine tilt was allowing fuel to re-fill the secondary bowl. I incrementally kept lowering the fuel level setting of the secondary float until I obtained a controlled setting. Older Holley marine chapters in Pleasurecraft engine manuals state that the secondary float is set a bit lower, by 1/16 or 1/8 ". Note that the wet setting gauge that these older service manuals refer to is no longer available from Kent, so trail and error was used. Spark plug readings look good at this setting. Boat starts and runs great.