Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does anybody tow with Wakeboards IN the racks?

Just wondering if anybody here tows with their wakeboards in their racks?

I hate having to load them in and out of the racks for towing.... wondering if anybody had any issues towing... Or any comments...

I always did until I hit a tree with one and wrecked it. And my tow is only 1 mile and less than 30mph. I still leave surf boards on my cargo-rack, though.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

i cringe every time i see someone towing with their boards up. imo, accident waiting to happen. i've seen a board fly out on a neighborhood road. maybe it wasn't strapped in, who knows. most states have really cracked down on failure to secure load violations if they try to go that route.

boat trailer suspension is very stiff. things bounce around alot more than on the water where the boat can cut through some of things that wheels would have to roll over.

If you do, let me know where you're driving so I can pick up my new boad after it falls off the boat

Seriously though, pull them down when you're done. Doesn't take that much time.

I think most would agree that travelling with boards in your racks over longer distances and higher speeds is a bad idea..
    2011 Supra 21V
    Wetsounds Icon8's
    2012 Tundra SR5 Crewmax 4x4

Thanks for the reassurance. I'll just continue to take them down.

the one I love and have seen this happen is when the driver slams on brakes and the boards fly out into the intersection in front of them.
    89 supra conbrio - big air h20 tower - jl aoudio - Rockford subs - custom wrap

I've seen them fly out of my buddies boat. I've seen them fly off of strangers boats.

Don't do it.

I only leave my boards in the racks when I go from the lake house to the launch which is in the neighbors yard about 200 feet away. I think I hit 5-7MPH at most but anything farther away or at a faster speed and those boards are either in the boat under the cover or in the back of the Yukon.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Default Re: Does anybody tow with Wakeboards IN the racks?

I pull with mine in the racks from the house to the ramp or campsite ... A little over a mile at 30mph. No problems (knock on wood) but i wouldnt leave them out any faster or on main roads

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2006 Supra 24SSV