Default 325 assault fluid change questions

I'm getting ready to change the fluids on my engine, vdrive, and trans. A couple of quick questions as I've never done this service on my boats before, typically had a dealer do it.
    What oil & filter do you guys recommend? I typically use Mobil 1 in all of my cars/trucks but didn't know if that was a bad idea in the boat.
    Do you use standard Auto Trans fluid in the trans? Anything special with the V drive or just the recommended #30 heavy duty non detergent motor oil?
    I'm planning on just using a simple vacuum pump to drain everything, any other recommendations?

I am using Royal Purple 20/50 Synthetic oil because I find the 15/40 not quite heavy enough for the warm water lake and high tempertures we get at our lake in the desert.Oil filter I am using K&N filter designed for synthetic oil. In the transmission I use Red Line D4 synthetic ATF, as for your V Drive use the recommended non detergent motor oil.

If you are doing alot of surfing with lots of ballast use 1/2 liter more engine oil and a extra pint of ATF in your Velvet Drive. This helps Transmission and Engine when under heavy load at extreme bow lift or heaving leaning to one side

Mobil 1 makes a pretty good Synthetic ATF Fluid that I have used in the past also and is approved for dextron type GM ATF

shell rotella 15 40, mobile1 filters are what I use, Dexron III or compatible for the tranny and sae 30 for the vdrive.......its not rocket science. assuming your post 1999 engine...jmo
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

+1 on what docdrs said. I use the same stuff.

I built a battery operated pump from parts at Northern Tool (sprayer pump). Worked great. Easier to get the fluids out.

Theres a thread somewhere on this forum that listed the part numbers.

Mark
    2007 Supra SSV
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 04-24-2013 at 11:06 PM.